Timmay

Local servers runs two instances of my test server?

Question

Hey folks, just getting into exile and Arma 3 for that matter. I decided in order to help my clan with their server I should take it upon myself to run one locally to test out stuff and get familiar with everything. With the new 5656 build I updated and was able to get everything working to continue on but an odd thing started happening. When I go to connect (this is a server running on my computer for testing purposes so I see it under LAN tab) I see two instances of the same server. Connecting to either one nets the same results, same last position, etc. Anyone have any idea why that is happening? 

9 answers to this question

192.168.1.123 is the local ip for your computer, basically you can use 192.168.1.123 instead of localhost.

This isint really an error or a problem, it's just getting all valid IP's located on your local network.

using the -ip= launch parameter may fix this issue, but in all honesty it dosent matter.

What's the point of this if they both do the same thing? nothing..

If you press windows key + r and type in cmd  - press enter, then type in ipconfig, then get the TOP ipv4 it will be the LOCAL ip of your computer (local to your network, so your router / modem can identify you) you are able to use that to connect to your server instead of localhost (127.0.0.1).

2 people like this

Advertisement

Hey I just found something ! I don't know if it's like me but :

First server is on 192.168.1.123 (my PC)

Second server is on 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

Maybe is there something to do or configure with this ?

Thanks for your answer, it's the first time I created a server, I tought that could be a problem. :)

7 hours ago, †RiH† StokesMagee said:

192.168.1.123 is the local ip for your computer, basically you can use 192.168.1.123 instead of localhost.

This isint really an error or a problem, it's just getting all valid IP's located on your local network.

using the -ip= launch parameter may fix this issue, but in all honesty it dosent matter.

What's the point of this if they both do the same thing? nothing..

If you press windows key + r and type in cmd  - press enter, then type in ipconfig, then get the TOP ipv4 it will be the LOCAL ip of your computer (local to your network, so your router / modem can identify you) you are able to use that to connect to your server instead of localhost (127.0.0.1).

Makes perfect sense. Thanks Stokes. I only asked because initially it was not doing that, and then all of the sudden it started doing it but as you said it has no detriment to performance, etc. I only use it to test. 

Thanks again. 

Advertisement