The Truth

Safezone camping has become excessive

Spawn Camping    21 members have voted

1. 1. Ban players that camp spawn points for kills?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have played on the server for some time. However players have been commonly camping the spawn points [ killing players immediately after they switch from Bambi to grind respect points] to the point of making the game unplayable.  I am aware that this server functions for adult audiences, however these types of players are clearly not of a mature age to be playing on the server. The fact that this behavior is acceptable, when an accidental glitch will get you permanently banned, is outrageous. Consider the  community to influence decisions made on any form of "punishment" to players that camp spawn points.

Edited by The Truth

Every server has different rules. Whatever server you play on you should post this to their website as feedback.

Advertisement

learn to play smart and cautious.

1 person likes this

Literally no one likes being killed when entering or exiting a safezone, but this is something that has been a problem since Arma 2: DayZ Epoch, probably even before that if there were safezones in earlier mods. Im sure if any group was going to come to some sort of solution to the problem, it would have been done a long time ago. Honestly, either play on a server with stricter rules, or only go to safezones when the population is low or go to the least popular trader.

The whole idea of safezones is kind of ridiculous. I'd much rather have 10 godmode AI guards patrolling and shooting anyone who discharges a weapon.

That being said, use different ways to get out of a safezone. Look over your shoulder. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

90% of populated servers have this. It's the nature of ArmA. If you're playing on a server with 30+ players, as a player/team who's actually playing to grind money and build a base, you're likely going to deal with trader thieves, trolls and campers. Not to mention the mission campers waiting for you to complete the mission and take you out at the crate. Just how it is. Some servers are a bit tighter on their safezone rules. In my experiences most are not though.

Edit: I misread the post. As far as spawn points go, I intentionally set some to more PVP prone areas while some not so much that way players that don't want to die in spawn have an option as well as those who are there for the PVP.

Edited by oSoDirty

Love this kind of game play it gives me a challenge to kill another player then steal his loot?  But again as stated this is not a problem that should be brought to the exile forums it should be brought up with the server owners for there opinion. As they may have a solution if they wish to implement it.

2 hours ago, InsertCoins said:

The whole idea of safezones is kind of ridiculous. I'd much rather have 10 godmode AI guards patrolling and shooting anyone who discharges a weapon.

That being said, use different ways to get out of a safezone. Look over your shoulder. 

Exactly my thoughts. I use AI guards who attack hostiles in the area but I also never enter or leave the safezone the same way. I also make sure my safe zones cover a slightly larger area that required (only a building or two) so players have a chance to get away/hide if needed.

14 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Exactly my thoughts. I use AI guards who attack hostiles in the area but I also never enter or leave the safezone the same way. I also make sure my safe zones cover a slightly larger area that required (only a building or two) so players have a chance to get away/hide if needed.

Wait, so you don't use safezones?

4 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

Wait, so you don't use safezones?

I do for some of my traders but they're very small and the AI patrol all around the outer areas for hostiles.

Advertisement