Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kuplion

Is there a way to log disconnect reasons?

13 posts in this topic

I get an awful lot of players connect to my server but get kicked/disconnect almost instantly. We'd actually be busy is even a fraction of these players got through..

Is there a way to log (console or RPT) the reasons for players disconnecting so rapidly? Maybe something that says they had conflicting mods/failed sig checks..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not exactly what you want but might help in some way:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
4 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

not exactly what you want but might help in some way:

 

Ah yeah, that'll do it client side but I was looking for something I can see in the logs or the console. Thank you though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it's only logged on the client side rpt :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in 90 percent of the cases it will be them missing mods so youve got the most helpful advice already imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kuplion said:

I get an awful lot of players connect to my server but get kicked/disconnect almost instantly. We'd actually be busy is even a fraction of these players got through..

Is there a way to log (console or RPT) the reasons for players disconnecting so rapidly? Maybe something that says they had conflicting mods/failed sig checks..?

What mods you have and you could post your mission.sqm maybe we can help you get it sorted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, happydayz said:

Unfortunately it's only logged on the client side rpt :(

It's a shame because it seems so counter intuitive to not tell server admins the reasons, Especially when players only see the reasons for other peoples disconnects if they're in-game, which the disconnecting players are not..

2 hours ago, B.A.D. said:

in 90 percent of the cases it will be them missing mods so youve got the most helpful advice already imo

Oh I agree, but the issue with that mod is that it requires the players to be in game long enough to see it. When they connect and the game just kicks them, they have no chance to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

you could always just  add the addon name to the list in the mission.sqm in order to make mods "necessary" for players

 

will also notice them of missing stuff

Edited by B.A.D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, B.A.D. said:

you could always just  add the addon name to the list in the mission.sqm in order to make mods "necessary" for players

 

will also notice them of missing stuff

All of the addons are listed already but that's a good idea, nonetheless. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

To add some additional background.  This is also kinda for a bit of market research.

We have recently moved to a new map (Chernarus - CUPs) and want to really see if people are genuinely having issues logging onto the server or they are getting the idea that the box at the bottom of the server browser that states "required mods" is a cruel joke.

Although I know everything is possible with brute force and Vaseline, if its the later we might actually move back to a vanilla map to ensure "ease of access"...

Edited by Rompastomp
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.