Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cho

War Photographer Camera For Exile?

18 posts in this topic

add wearable cameras so players can clearly see that you are non hostile threat.9_9

this would be very useful for alot of exiles communitys servers.:movie: let's say if they wanted to do a server event some players could join in as war photographerfor walking around in the combat zones wearing press clothing and held a camera of some sort?

is this a bad idea for exile i don't know i'm not the judge this is just my opinion, what's yours?

01verbkl.jpg

CfO2ltq.jpg

army_war_photographer_221235.jpg

3 people like this

1. Wear this

2. loot gun

3. ????

4. Profit!

1 person likes this

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Cho said:

add wearable cameras so players can clearly see that you are non hostile threat.9_9

While I like the idea of a more intergrated way of recording in-game footage, I can't see how your suggestion would mean players are a non-hostile threat. Well unless your camera  takes takes the gun slots from players. Even then players could still exploit a perceived "non-threat" position and troll other players. Conversely, you're presuming players only kill players they feel are a threat - which couldn't be further from the truth. Some players wouldn't care if you were a threat or not and and would still shoot a war journalist!  

I think a simple way of integrating media and footage recordings and making them relevant to the game is to just have some kind of app and animation linking to the XM8, surely?

6 hours ago, Boxman80 said:

While I like the idea of a more intergrated way of recording in-game footage, I can't see how your suggestion would mean players are a non-hostile threat. Well unless your camera  takes takes the gun slots from players.

i was thinking of it as a weapon slot and of course no one is 100% non-hostile threat and can never be.. but if you join a event as a journalist and players get - respect for killing the journalist i don't think they will take that risk of loseing respect. but still this tool could work very well for makeing videos in exile and would help the mod even more as more players would feel the need of recording and telling other players storys or following a event group ^^

I have bambi slaying set for - 5k respect and people still do it over and over. I feel its a cosmetic thing that won't really add much to the game if anything for the amount of people who would bother doing it. Having a video camera as a weapon or app for the XM8 is a good idea in it's self, but I just think the whole "war journo" thing will be lost on people and is unnecessary - let people decide if they want to dress as a journalist and play that role withthe tools within the game. I do think you may be onto something with the camera thing though.  

1 person likes this

@boxman80 yes, i saw some guys dont care at all about respect too, a guy just killed everyone and wrote i dont care i already got -20k :D  how about that the trader will be 10% more expensive if they reach -1k respect ? up to 100% at -10k respect. so there is at least some punishment.

To be honest I'm a simple man. If it moves, I shoot it.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Requzz said:

@boxman80 yes, i saw some guys dont care at all about respect too, a guy just killed everyone and wrote i dont care i already got -20k :D  how about that the trader will be 10% more expensive if they reach -1k respect ? up to 100% at -10k respect. so there is at least some punishment.

or have a trader that only sells to people who have a certain ammount of respect (negative or positive)

5 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

or have a trader that only sells to people who have a certain ammount of respect (negative or positive)

with the next patch u need to pay money and respect for the best items, its almost the same

5 minutes ago, Requzz said:

with the next patch u need to pay money and respect for the best items, its almost the same

I doubt you have to spend respect point, you only have to have a certain ammount of respect to buy certain items. No matter, i'll just camp till you pass and grab all those high tier items from your cold full-of-respect body ;)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0