papahyooie

Script to Delete AI in safezones

11 posts in this topic

I know this has been asked before, and yes I've searched my butt off on the forum. No thread has an answer yet. 

Does anyone know of, or have a script to delete AI who wander into the safe zones? (or any definable zone for that matter)

I have roaming AI that go into the safezone (seemingly it's mostly those in vehicles) and when they come out, their god-mode does not wear off. They stay godmode forever and go on a player killing rampage across the server, drunk with power. 

All I want is a script that will delete AI units (and preferably their vehicles) when they enter safe zones. Does anyone know of anything like that? I know such a script exists. I had seen it before on this very forum, a very long time ago. 

I'm using A3XAI btw. 

Thank you for reading! 

1 person likes this

+ for this

also looked for something liked this.

my workaround now : setup 4 armed static gunners at the safezones and let them shoot everything that comes along - works pretty fine and looks good :P

2 people like this

Advertisement
17 minutes ago, hieve said:

+ for this

also looked for something liked this.

my workaround now : setup 4 armed static gunners at the safezones and let them shoot everything that comes along - works pretty fine and looks good :P

That's actually pretty genius. I guess you just put them on the same side as the players so they shoot AI and not players?  

21 hours ago, papahyooie said:

That's actually pretty genius. I guess you just put them on the same side as the players so they shoot AI and not players?  

yup

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, hieve said:

yup

How do you combat players killing them? They won't shoot back when they're on the resistance side. 

I imagine some trolls might come around and kill them. 

I added them in as a "mission" using FuMS. I imagine there's a better way to implement it. How did you go about putting them in? 

23 hours ago, papahyooie said:

How do you combat players killing them? They won't shoot back when they're on the resistance side. 

I imagine some trolls might come around and kill them. 

I added them in as a "mission" using FuMS. I imagine there's a better way to implement it. How did you go about putting them in? 

could you do a

this allowDamage false;

28 minutes ago, red_ned said:

could you do a

Yea, if they were put in through the editor. I've never attempted to put AI in through the editor into exile though. I'm not sure if it works. I can't do an allowDamage false using a mission script like I originally planned to. (or at least not that I know of.) 

Does adding units via the editor work ok in Exile? 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, papahyooie said:

Can't imagine it wouldn't work. Just add the AI to the mission.sqm in class vehicles and add

init="this allowDamage false;";

in the class array and that should cover it.

Edited by oSoDirty
1 person likes this

14 hours ago, papahyooie said:

Yea, if they were put in through the editor. I've never attempted to put AI in through the editor into exile though. I'm not sure if it works. I can't do an allowDamage false using a mission script like I originally planned to. (or at least not that I know of.) 

sure...

my whole mission was made in the editor besides AI systems etc.

i had put in over 1000 different things via editor without probs...

but yeah : its a workaround and no real solution  -  even with allowdamage false they can be killed for some reason and moreover the strange thing here is :

Static Gunner AI can shoot out of the safezone and hit for example a enemy ai helicopter down, they can also shoot zombies in the safezone down... while players can't shoot them(if you place them in the safezone) you can just drive over them... so be sure to do something against this(putting them into a building, putting sandbags around them, idk, there are several ways to safe them)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, hieve said:

sure...

my whole mission was made in the editor besides AI systems etc.

i had put in over 1000 different things via editor without probs...

but yeah : its a workaround and no real solution  -  even with allowdamage false they can be killed for some reason and moreover the strange thing here is :

Static Gunner AI can shoot out of the safezone and hit for example a enemy ai helicopter down, they can also shoot zombies in the safezone down... while players can't shoot them(if you place them in the safezone) you can just drive over them... so be sure to do something against this(putting them into a building, putting sandbags around them, idk, there are several ways to safe them)

Cool. I had put all kinds of buildings and such with the editor, but for some reason I thought that adding AI units didn't work. I'll do that then. Perhaps it will be sufficient on its own. 

Advertisement