Th3 R34p3r 187

To the Dev team

13 posts in this topic

First and foremost i want to thank the Dev team for creating and coming up with the concept of 'Exile'. 

After some words exchange on the concrete constructions dev blog, @Eichi expressed how he felt about the stance of a percentage of the community towards the devs.
And from that statement  i noticed that it seems that we do not show enough gratitude and consideration for the work that have been put in so far into a mod that we are able to play for FREE.
It seems like there is alot of pressure on the 'team' cuz of people always complaining about updates not happening fast enough or ''again'' no new content being added to stir up excitement or no notifications are being announced of what has been done  and what still has to be done.

About that i would like to say; Keeps us atleast updated once a week with an image of WIP and what you have been doing. You don't have to, but it's just a sign of...okay Exile is still alive,these guys are bussy.
second there should be no pressure on anyone for any reason. I'm also highly annoyed with the entitled and pretentious behaviour of manny players towards the 'team' and the 'mod' like they are the boss and are not satisfied on how the developement is going. To such people i only have one message; You can do it better ?. Build your own mod. 

Also i want to give some advice to the 'team', it's great that y'all want to involve the community into the progress of the developement. BUT !, don't listen 100% to the community.
You can't please everyone in the world, and basing final deccisions on what people say will only cause confusion and uncertainty. If y'all come up with a new concept to implement, introduce it to us in a forum post with a poll....see how the community responds. Is 60% positive ?. That should be a sign to go for it and have fun with what you're doing. Are there some suggestions you noticed and you liked ?, make a poll, introduce it again to us and vote again. 60% is positive agian ?. There you go, no need for endless discussions on the forum that will cause that uncertainty and demotivation. 

Despite all the complaining, people will be coming back. They just fail to realize what Alpha means and don't realize in which state the mod is still being in, who is working on it, when it started from scratch and what still needs to be done. Eitherway this post whas just a personal statement to encourage the 'team',crank up the morale a bit and acknowledge the work that has been done :D

:rock:

9 people like this

Hear Hear @Th3 R34p3r 187.

I read through the devblogs and every now and then when i come to this forum i'm excited to see what new features are coming and things that are in the pipeline. I love this mod, and the devs do amazing work on it - I didn't even realise it was an 'alpha', it's taken over as my absolutely favourite game/mod, it works so well and it's extremely enjoyable especially with the wealth of addons available.

I agree that the dev's shouldn't take to heart what a lot of people say - it's their mod and if people don't like it then unless they're contributing to the development themselves - they should shove it imo. Far too much sense of entitlement. That said, I think there should be the 'core' of the mod, and then new features which are announced, polled, and draw a divisive opinion, should be added in a modular fashion (which a lot of the mod is really, if you're prepared to actually spend the time configuring it yourself) that would allow the server administrators to decide if they wanted (in the example of the mixers debate) 1,2,3 or more mixers by specifying  co-ordinates, or via some other fashion.

For the Devs - I love exile, every update and new feautre announcement is exciting and i look forward to seeing them implemented to change things up, or extend the play time. Excellent work, Keep it up, and we all look forward to what's coming next!!

4 people like this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

Incoming rant xD

Wait why are people complaining about things being added to the mod? 

The whole point of the mod is that server owners can adjust everything to their liking, and if there is something they don't like, they can pretty much remove it form their server entirely.

If you don't think stuff is getting added fast enough, have you even tried working with the fuckfest that is Arma? Its not actually that friendly with modding and takes lots of work, even to get little things done.

So please, if you want something done just do it your fucking self. 

Make your own mod and run it on a server, its not that hard if you just pull your finger out of your asshole and actually make some sort of attempt at something instead of sitting in your sweat cave with your imaginary whip, attempting to make others do it. 

Another issue that I feel the need to express myself about is people complain about something that is free. Exile is completely free for use and to host, so lets keep it that way. If you have some leftover money, instead of buying a slice of cake at that overpriced cafe down the road (You fat fuck), send some to the dev team. This does two things: 

• Keeps people alive
  • Keeps exile existent

/rant

Wow I got so upset that I started to loose direction at the end. Oh well :P

Anyway, love you exile team :D keep up the good work!

P.S I haven't donated yet because my bank is an asshole of a bank. 

Edited by zisb
5 people like this

The Very Simple Solution for Eichi and the Gang...... Follow the Road Map You Set Up at the Beginning .... Roadmap.jpg.a5f44e73ceafa9af13c72544cb1f

and remember , 1.X says the Community is King .... You are all proving what working for a King is like ..... and I'm sure Eichi and his Crew are getting tired of Royalty

6 people like this

Shit no your all fricking mad.....

Spoiler

Only kidding we love ya, this stuff is great, sure it has caused sleepless nights and i have aged years over night trying to get the latest update working but its been a bucket of fun and i have made some great mates. 

Well done peeps, seriously, well done and thank you!

1 person likes this

The Exile devs have done a fantastic job making a great mod!  The best part about it and what sets Exile largely apart from many other mods is its open architecture, where any server owner can tailor the Exile experience to the desires of their unique player base.  The devs have been attentive and responsive to community feedback, while still doing their best to remain true to their initial vision for Exile.  They deserve way more credit than they get!  So thanks, Eichi, Grim, Frank and all the rest!  Keep up the amazing work!  :rock:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Additional points to add/clarify in favor of the original post:

• As a player, you did not pay for Exile. Be more grateful. I am.
  • The Dev team have real jobs, real families, and real lives.  This is a hobby, albeit an awesome one that they CHOOSE to share with us. Treat them like crap too much and the hobby ends. None of us want to see that.
  • When we get Exile updates, there are relatively few bugs, which is quite impressive for a small volunteer dev team.

I work for a software development company, so I know the pain of development time cycles. Some complain about updates too far apart, other complain of updates too often (since applying updates makes work for the customer and creates downtime).  The other problem is if you have 1000 customers,  50 complain, 5 say thanks, and the rest are fine, just using the software without complaint. Therefore, the devs need to take complaints with a gain of salt as sometimes complaints are from a small segment of the user-base.

People also need to understand the difference between constructive criticism, complaints, and feature requests.

• Constructive:  "I'm finding handcuffing with zip ties to not be worth the time as-is. It's too hard to get close to players, so I never use them. What if we could taser them from a distance, then cuff them?"  Nice feedback on restraints.
  • Complaints: "Fix your sh*t"   "This is game-breaking"  Accomplishes nothing except putting the whole project in jeopardy. "game-breaking bug" is so overused it makes my head hurt when I see it. Are some bugs game-breaking? Yes. Are most bugs this? No.
  • Bad Feature Request: "Exile sucks because xyz isn't in the game." New features take time and most of what's in there works fine.  They are adding to it constantly. Make good suggestions and it will get to where you want it to be.
  • Good Feature Request: "I would like to see XYZ added to make base raiding a more viable play style. Here are some ideas...."  Plant seeds for ideas and they might grow. Suggesting a reasonable solution to a problem is always a better way to get someone to actually fix it.

Finally, Thank you Dev team for all your effort!
- Moose

Edited by ynpMOOSE
8 people like this

This is why we had @Boxman80 volunteer his thread making skills to work our devblogs :P 

2 people like this

Thx for the positive comments so far :rock:. It's quiet interesting to see how nobody takes time to say something nice. But will have 30 minutes of their day to make a summary of what they don't like and want with some side rant to it aswel, smh 9_9

7 hours ago, Th3 R34p3r 187 said:

Thx for the positive comments so far :rock:. It's quiet interesting to see how nobody takes time to say something nice. But will have 30 minutes of their day to make a summary of what they don't like and want with some side rant to it aswel, smh 9_9

People complain because they care. :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement