Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OrbDamu

Location of Background Map Loading Image

8 posts in this topic

Quick question. In the regular Arma 3 server files, there was a section in the config.cpp that was devoted to being able to change the loading background image while joining a server. The code for this looked like what can be seen below:

Spoiler

Config.cpp

class CfgWorlds
{
	class Stratis: CAWorld
	{
		author = "Bohemia Interactive"; // Author
		description = "Stratis"; // World name
		pictureMap = "A3\map_Stratis\data\pictureMap_ca.paa"; // Background map
		pictureShot = "A3\map_Stratis\data\ui_Stratis_ca.paa"; // Default overview picture

// Loading texts displayed on the bottom of the loading screen (picked randomly)
		loadingTexts[]=
		{
			"Area of Stratis is 19.3 square kilometers.",
			"Stratis is of volcanic origin, with many rocks and crevices.",
			"Kamino Firing Range uses remnants of the nearby old Kamino village as a target area."
		};
	};
};

The section to change the smaller loading image is still present in the description.ext:
Spoiler

author = "John Doe"; // Author onLoadName = "Epic Invasion"; // Mission name (temporary solution; actual name set in editor will be used later in the alpha) onLoadMission = "Fate of the world is in your hands. Good luck and Godspeed."; // Description loadScreen = "loadScreen_ca.paa"; // Preview picture class Header { gameType = Coop; // MP mission type };

However I can't seem to be able to find where to change the larger background loading image. Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find this?

Hi there. 

I take it that you're used to be able to do this in Arma 2, where it actually was possible. 

In Arma 3, it takes the SAT image directly from the config.bin file for the map, so lets say Napf for example, it reads the config.bin, and takes the SAT image and put it as your loading image. So if you want to change this, you will have to contact the author of the map and get permission to do it, as you'll need to edit the map and redistribute it with your changes = All your users will need to have your version as well. That is basically the only way. 

You can only change the image in description.ext. 

If you're talking about a config.cpp file under addons\ you're more than welcome to try and change it, but you won't be able to play on any servers after that due to invalid game data, and your signatures aren't verified as well. 

Standard Arma 3 Server Files does not come with a config.cpp, I've never seen it, if you found one it's surely under addons\, and I wouldn't recommend anybody to touch that, as it's the majority of the game in there, one slight change could result in a complete reinstall of the game. 

3 people like this

Advertisement

I've already changed the smaller part of the loading screen, but I've seen this done in both Arma 2 and Arma 3.  I don't remember the map. The config.cpp I am referring to is the one in my altis mission file. This is directly from the Bohemia site: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Loading_Screens

I only ask because I've seen it a number of times. Perhaps with altis it simply doesn't exist to change.

you could try to add it in your description.ext to try and  override, but I doubt it will work.

34 minutes ago, OrbDamu said:

I've already changed the smaller part of the loading screen, but I've seen this done in both Arma 2 and Arma 3.  I don't remember the map. The config.cpp I am referring to is the one in my altis mission file. This is directly from the Bohemia site: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Loading_Screens

I only ask because I've seen it a number of times. Perhaps with altis it simply doesn't exist to change.

Problem here is that the map is NOT located in your mission file, the map is either Altis / Stratis which is hardcoded into the game, or an external map like Cherno, Napf etc, external maps, you can access the files, but with Altis or Stratis you cannot, hence you cannot change the SAT image on those, and for externals you need permission from creator and also permission to redistribute the map with your SAT image change to your clients. 

And I agree with @InsertCoins, you can try your method, but I seriously doubt it will work :)

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, ka0s said:

Problem here is that the map is NOT located in your mission file, the map is either Altis / Stratis which is hardcoded into the game, or an external map like Cherno, Napf etc, external maps, you can access the files, but with Altis or Stratis you cannot, hence you cannot change the SAT image on those, and for externals you need permission from creator and also permission to redistribute the map with your SAT image change to your clients. 

And I agree with @InsertCoins, you can try your method, but I seriously doubt it will work :)

Thanks for both of your replies. I'll give that method a try.

kaos and insert coins are correct, there is no way to change the sat map image unless you are the map author and can modify and redistribute your own work.

otherwise I remember swamp donkeys had a thread that had a full screen image taking place of the black screen at load in for exile. I believe loading screen image is the title.

I was wrong it was renegade that released it and here you go.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

kaos and insert coins are correct, there is no way to change the sat map image unless you are the map author and can modify and redistribute your own work.

otherwise I remember swamp donkeys had a thread that had a full screen image taking place of the black screen at load in for exile. I believe loading screen image is the title.

I was wrong it was renegade that released it and here you go.

Oh thats 2nd best! Thanks a bunch.

Advertisement