Mr Sin

[SOLVED] Infistar Freezing when I open the menu

5 posts in this topic

This issue has literally just appeared out of the blue for us. I loaded onto our main server and hit F1 to open the menu and my game just froze for about ~15 seconds then opened the menu as normal.

Both the other admins have this issue as well, and it does this on both of our test servers.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hey,

in your EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.hpp file you could disable the option:
use_html_load_on_adminmenu = false; (by putting it to false)

or once it is opened (it does open when that happens but after a while) you can at the top right corner click "HIDE HTML"

that lag was due to the VERY BADLY coded HTMLLOAD from arma. it really suspends the engine (feels frozen) until the webserver responded with the info

So on EXILE if you have that option to true it loads this page:
http://htmlload.infistar.de/admin.php

with some basic info from me - I keep it updated so people know when an update is out or other things happened.

The German data center or some node/hub was down and the server went down for like 30 min so that was what was causing the trouble there (also exilemod.com was down, maybe for the same reason)

2 people like this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the super fast response. I'm guessing now that the node/hub is back up it should be fixed? If so I won't need to disable the html as I really like having that to remind me about updates.

Edit: Can confirm, no more crashes! 

Edited by Mr Sin

Thank you for the response, @infiSTAR. This was happening to me too and I just assumed it was Arma being Arma as sometimes it was instant, sometimes it 'froze' for up to 30 seconds.

yeah I hope they will make that htmlload better as it is really nice to have :-)

Advertisement