AstroFerret

ARMA3 Exile: Help!

21 posts in this topic

Hello, so my roomie and I got a server from Survival Servers, the server itself is up and running. However neither of us have no idea how to set up shops, roaming AI, NPCs, Missions, Building zones, basically everything and we wanted to know if there is someone here who could help us learn how to do all this or maybe even help set it up? We are very new to this, in fact the most complex server I ever ran was a Space Engineers server, which isn't all that hard, but this has proven to be a lot harder than I expected. I don't even know where to start.

Welcome to ARMA3 and the world of Exile.

I strongly suggest you spend some time reading the very subforums you posted this thread in:

http://www.exilemod.com/forum/109-setup/

Particularly the guide which helps you setting it up. When you run into issues, use the search function and spend the hours required to learn the basics. Once you run into a specific issue, and it has not been answered already, post that question! Your best bet is the search function. 

If you spend the time and effort with doing that, you will get good replies usually, just don't take for granted that someone will step out of nowhere and just "do it" for you :) - it's a rewarding, fun experience once you get into it.

2 people like this

Advertisement
13 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

Welcome to ARMA3 and the world of Exile.

I strongly suggest you spend some time reading the very subforums you posted this thread in:

http://www.exilemod.com/forum/109-setup/

Particularly the guide which helps you setting it up. When you run into issues, use the search function and spend the hours required to learn the basics. Once you run into a specific issue, and it has not been answered already, post that question! Your best bet is the search function. 

If you spend the time and effort with doing that, you will get good replies usually, just don't take for granted that someone will step out of nowhere and just "do it" for you :) - it's a rewarding, fun experience once you get into it.

I'm sure it is. And note I wouldn't expect someone to do it for free. Money talks ;) . And while waiting here I am also searching the Setup Forum. Sadly, most of it seems about setting up dedicated servers instead of working with Hosted servers. I'll keep looking for a noob friendly starting point and work my way from there which may take some time lol. It's like looking at a petri dish full of microbes and the task is to find the one that is foreign to the others haha.

1 person likes this

Don't give up, trial and error. Normally on hosted servers you can reset to a basic template if you fubar things. :) 

1 person likes this

I'm looking at that guide right now. It's a good guide so far but does nothing for me. The server itself is actually up, but I don't know what it is exactly I need to do in order to spawn NPCs, Missions, AI, Roaming, Safe Zones, all that. I may have bit off more than I can chew with buying into an ARMA3 server. Hopefully between RL and this I can figure it all out.

5 minutes ago, AstroFerret said:

I'm looking at that guide right now. It's a good guide so far but does nothing for me. The server itself is actually up, but I don't know what it is exactly I need to do in order to spawn NPCs, Missions, AI, Roaming, Safe Zones, all that. I may have bit off more than I can chew with buying into an ARMA3 server. Hopefully between RL and this I can figure it all out.

It is by no means "easy" as a beginner, but there is a distinct logic to it. If you want to install a mission system, find the mission system in the Addons-subforum, look at the install-instructions. Learn how to work with BattlEye, basically every custom script you install needs to be adapted to in the Battleye-filters (by adding exceptions for the script functions from that thing). It is a perilous journey but a very rewarding one, if you have the time.

If you do not, then yes; it might be time best spent elsewhere.

Okay, that seems like a good plan then. First thing is first I need to fix an issue with Battle Eye with a Script Restriction #8 that has been happening to a couple of people including me. I'll search around and try to fix that then start focusing on learning how to place missions. Thanks bud.

what specifically do u want on your server ? and il set u in the right direction ? i have a lot of experience with arma 2 servers but am faily new to arma 3 i have my server running with ai missions,roaming ai, zombies, weapon and vehicle mods and custom traders and lootspawns.

so give us a bit of detail what u want first and il try guide u in the right direction :)

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Delish said:

what specifically do u want on your server ? and il set u in the right direction ? i have a lot of experience with arma 2 servers but am faily new to arma 3 i have my server running with ai missions,roaming ai, zombies, weapon and vehicle mods and custom traders and lootspawns.

so give us a bit of detail what u want first and il try guide u in the right direction :)

Well, essentially I want to make it to where players have a lot to do and have many options open to them. Essentially everything needed to make an ARMA3 server run and be fun. - 
A: BattleEye can be on (Some people are having Restriction #8? So I turned it off). Sadly it seems everything BUT #8 is in the search on here and other forums, though I may have overlooked and will keep looking.)
B: To make more spawn zones for people to choose. Mainly places like Athira. That way there's more options on the map for people to explore from the start.
C: To setup a couple more traders on the map. (I'm starting to see how this works now that I got a PBOManager and can open it up and view things more clearly. But more traders are last on my list.)

D:  Modified Prices - Seems I figured this out, but still need to test this by running 10 miles to a trader lol. Hence another reason for more spawn points so that it's easier to test modifications to the file.

E: Modifying the Bambi Loadout. Mainly just want people to start with a map, a pistol with one clip, bottle of water + MRE, mainly as a counter to me going to make loot harder to find.

F: Missions, lots of missions. Because I want players to focus on NPCs and teaming up to take them out for high risk high reward scenarios. This also includes Roaming AI.

Those are the main things. Far as zombies go I don't know yet. From my time playing DayZ in Arma2 they felt more like an annoyance rather than a threat and thus people didn't worry about them. If the zombies can be hardpoint threats then hell yeah. 

Posted (edited)

@AstroFerret

ok thats lets start with the easy stuff :)

to set more spawn points go to you mission pbo, unpack it and go to the mission.sqm

near the bottom is the markers add this below making sure that item 9 isnt used and then at the top of the class add 1 number to it.. make sure u know it starts at 0 not 1 :)

class Markers
    {
        items=10;<<< here was 9 before i added atheria.. 
        class Item0

class Item9
        {
            position[] = {13882.778,20.1245,18882.066};
            name = "SpawnAthira";
            text = "Athira";
            type = "ExileSpawnZone";
        };

ok next is the battle eye restriction.. in the battle eye folder you can either delete all the scripts or change the number at the start of line 8 to 1 instead of 7 i think it is.. (This is a guess btw cant remember off the top of my head).

Prices is easy enough just change the price there in the config.cpp

class O_mas_BMP1_OPF_01                             { quality = 1; price = 400000; };        //bmp1

missions  just install dms and the roaming mod that comes with it :) the dms instruction are really good and easy to install

ok next is bambi loadout..

exile server config pbo..

in the file config.cpp in that folder look for BambiSettings

and replace your loadout with this

loadOut[] =
        {
            "ItemCompass",
            "ItemMap",
            "ItemGPS",
            "Exile_Item_XM8",
            "ItemRadio",
            "Exile_Item_InstaDoc",