Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rewers

Setting up exile server on my PC

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello dear smart people!

Fist of all - I am sorry for my english (not my native language).

I am trying to set up a test exile server on my PC, so I could test different things in Exile. I have read numerous topics on forums. None of them helped me.

If it makes any difference my general specs:

CPU - FX8350

GPU - 780ti

Storage - 240 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD

OS - win 10

I followed this guide for 100% -

For the sake of simplicity, for setup I used C: drive (SSD one). After setting up I noticed following wierdeness:

- I can't find server in ARMA server list. I can find it only with remote function, searching it by IP address;

- if in "config.cfg" I set maxplayer 65 or more, in server list it will always show 0/64. If I will set 63 or less, it will show set value;

- I cant connect with RCon to server. Tried BERCon and EPM Rcon. They always show that connection was unsuccessful. I have set password for Rcon in   "extdp-conf.ini".

- I and my mates cant log in server and get to lobby. We all stuck on first loading screen. But Arma 3 Console (the one pops after launching Exile_auto_start.bat) shows that players are connecting.

- When first time we tried to connect to server, it showed error message (see attachment)

This one was odd - since I ensured (at least I think so) keys were fine on both sides (client and server). So i set verifySignatures to 0 in config.cfg.

- in server list I dont see information about mission type, map and other information, that is visible for working servers. I have feelings that mission didnt even started!

Any ideas how to fix problem?

Regards,

Rewers

20160430212717_1.jpg

Additional:

So I kept digging, and find something new to me:

- in C:\Arma\Server\SC  I've opened arma3server_2016-05-01_19-49-33.rpt file and found records: "19:52:49 Can't find mission with template name: 'Exile.Namalsk', skipping to next mission."  This record keeps updating several times per second.

This one makes me think, that server is trying to load Namalsk, it cant find files for Namalsk server and unsuccessfully trying to find other mission file. That is odd, because in config.cfg I have set "Exile.Altis" not "Exile.Namalsk".

What have I did wrong?

Edited by Rewers

OK! Found the solution to my problem. Mission file Exile.Altis was not in C:\Arma\Server\mpmissions folder. I dont know why it was not there.

Now server starts. And more or less everything is fine. But now is another problem - after lobby, when everything is loaded, I got black screen and no sound.

What is the problem?

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Rewers said:

OK! Found the solution to my problem. Mission file Exile.Altis was not in C:\Arma\Server\mpmissions folder. I dont know why it was not there.

Now server starts. And more or less everything is fine. But now is another problem - after lobby, when everything is loaded, I got black screen and no sound.

What is the problem?

That means @ExileServer isint being loaded. or @Exile isint being loaded on the server.

7 hours ago, †RiH† StokesMagee said:

That means @ExileServer isint being loaded. or @Exile isint being loaded on the server.

Hmmm.... in console I see this:

"7:49:42 Dedicated host created.
 7:49:45 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.212)
 7:49:45 Host identity created.
 7:49:46 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
 7:49:46 Mission Exile.Altis read from bank.
 7:49:46 Roles assigned.
 7:49:46 Reading mission ...
 7:50:01 Mission read.
 7:50:01 Game started.
"

And file "arma3server_2016-05-02_07-49-34.rpt" show me following:

http://www.megafileupload.com/npWv/arma3server_2016-05-02_07-49-34.rpt

In server list - the server shows that it is started. As far as I see, the game starts. Have read somewhere that this might be cus, my server does not connects to data base. How do I check that? Cuz MySQL  I have set according to this guide:

Check your database settings and dll's:

7:50:00 "ExileServer - MySQL connection error!"
 7:50:00 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."
 7:50:00 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Unable to locate extDB2 extension!"
 7:50:00 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("

My problem is solved!

Solution is here:

Advertisement