gmeyers501

Safezone and scripting help

Question

Ok, so i'm not sure if this is in the right spot of the forums so don't yell at me if it isn't.Hello all,  My name is Gavin and i have recently purchased a arma 3 exile server through gtxgaming. i have absolutely 0 knowing of scripting and coding. i've done a lot of research on scripts and such but have a big question. I can't figure out how to add safezones. I would like to learn how to add safe zones to exisiting traders and add one black market with no safezone. ive already added missions to the server but thats it. if anyone can help me along and possibly help me with adding other scripts. i will pay but i don't have a ton of money to throw away for someone to help me out. Thank you for taking the time to read this and i hope to hear back to You. (Reader of this Nooby Post) :)

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I found this by using the little search bar in the upper right of webpage:        Safezone and scripting help - General Discussion - Exile Mod - Google Chrome 5_3_2016 8_20_10 PM.png 

Hope this helps! :D 

Edited by Excaliber_47
1 person likes this

@Excaliber_47 Thx for that lol but I got that part understood. I take my exile_altis file from server then  Un pbo and drag that folder into missions in arma 3 documents then i open a3editor and open that but there's no markers on the traders or anything. I add a trigger to the trader but when I re pbo and put back into server"I followed the trigger instructions correctly" there is no safezone or marker that I added

Advertisement
33 minutes ago, gmeyers501 said:

@Excaliber_47 Thx for that lol but I got that part understood. I take my exile_altis file from server then  Un pbo and drag that folder into missions in arma 3 documents then i open a3editor and open that but there's no markers on the traders or anything. I add a trigger to the trader but when I re pbo and put back into server"I followed the trigger instructions correctly" there is no safezone or marker that I added

you need to put the coords of the safe zone in your mission.sqm like example below

class Item0
        {
            position[]={4992.78,0,8005.07};
            name="TraderZoneSebjan";
            text="Sebjan Trader City";
            markerType="ELLIPSE";
            type="ExileTraderZone";
            colorName="ColorGreen";
            fillName="SolidBorder";
            a=175;
            b=175;
            drawBorder=1;
        };

On 5/4/2016 at 9:13 PM, hogansheroes said:

you need to put the coords of the safe zone in your mission.sqm like example below

class Item0
        {
            position[]={4992.78,0,8005.07};
            name="TraderZoneSebjan";
            text="Sebjan Trader City";
            markerType="ELLIPSE";
            type="ExileTraderZone";
            colorName="ColorGreen";
            fillName="SolidBorder";
            a=175;
            b=175;
            drawBorder=1;
        };

thx but where exactly do i put that in? i cant find anything in my exile.altis things using notepad++  

31 minutes ago, gmeyers501 said:

thx but where exactly do i put that in? i cant find anything in my exile.altis things using notepad++  

Hello, this goes in your Mission.sqm file in the exile.altis PBO under "class Markers" Example: 

class markers {
		items=2;
		class Item0
		{
			position[]={7162.4604,25.822254,3676.5823};
			name="TraderCityMarker";
			text="Trader";
			markerType="ELLIPSE";
			type="ExileTraderZone";
			colorName="ColorBlue";
			fillName="SolidBorder";
			a=25;
			b=25;
			drawBorder=1;
		};
		class Item1
		{
			position[]={1670.5897,143.97,3783.0098};
			name="TraderCityMarker_1";
			text="Trader";
			markerType="ELLIPSE";
			type="ExileTraderZone";
			colorName="ColorBlue";
			fillName="SolidBorder";
			a=25;
			b=25;
			drawBorder=1;
		};
};

@gmeyers501 i can help u and show u the basics, but im not gonna hold your hand thru everything because i wont always be there to help you so ill help you out but i just hope you learn from me haha.. PM me when your ready!

Advertisement