Raven-DMW

Reserved Slots

14 posts in this topic

Hi

Just wondering if InfiStar can do reserved slots?

Thanks

Hey,

I've not really implemented something for that yet.
You were thinking for example

Server has max 50 slots and when 45 Players are on it the last 5 slots can be used by normal players but if somebody who's UID is on your personal whitelisted people id wants to join, the last connected normal will be kicked out?

something like that could be done but it might be a little annoying with the kick messages ^^ (like it has been with BE pretty much)

Advertisement

Would be a nice touch if you could add it

I don't like the idea of it kicking people, could you maybe lock 5 slots for VIP members? so people who match the UID then gets in and only them?

Thanks

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Raven-DMW said:

Could you maybe lock 5 slots for VIP members? so people who match the UID then gets in and only them?

+1, I agree this would be a great feature if possible. I can't get BEC to do anything other than messages and restarts for the life of me or any other whitelisting method for that matter.

On 5/7/2016 at 4:25 PM, Raven-DMW said:

Would be a nice touch if you could add it

I don't like the idea of it kicking people, could you maybe lock 5 slots for VIP members? so people who match the UID then gets in and only them?

Thanks

Unfortunately not..

if there is free slots on the server, anybody could at least go to the lobby. We can kick them then when they are loading in and not a VIP

but before that we have no power over that :-/

yeah man that sounds cool, so players will get into the lobby but once they click ok to join the game they will get a message saying VIP members only and then get kicked?

Can that message be custom? maybe some info as to why and how to become a VIP, even a web link

Is this something you'll add to infiSTAR?

Thanks

Hello again

Just wondering if you thought anymore about adding this to infiSTAR? or may be you have already started it ;) hehe

We really need something like this on our server and really like infiSTAR

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Raven-DMW said:

Hello again

Just wondering if you thought anymore about adding this to infiSTAR? or may be you have already started it ;) hehe

We really need something like this on our server and really like infiSTAR

Cheers

He created a whitelist but said what you were asking for was not possible.

Use BEC for reserved slots.

1 hour ago, Mr Sin said:

He created a whitelist but said what you were asking for was not possible.

Use BEC for reserved slots.

Yeah we don't have access to run BEC on the server, hosting company currently working on it but no time lines

Server has max 50 slots and when 45 Players are on it the last 5 slots can be used by normal players but if somebody who's UID is on your personal whitelisted people id wants to join, the last connected normal will be kicked out?

something like that could be done but it might be a little annoying with the kick messages

That solution would still work and wouldn't be that bad, would also need to add in a lobby idle kick so it keeps the lobby free so VIP members could get in if the server gets full

Cheers

Which hosting company? On some game panels I saw that they had a one click install of BEC. It literally does everything you are asking for, including the lobby idle kick.

Advertisement