speedweasel

Ability to save loadouts

18 posts in this topic

It would be good to be able to save two or three custom loadouts in the database.

You could go to a trader, click on, "Save Loadout" and it would store a list of all the equipment you are carrying.  From then on, clicking on "Purchase Loadout," would automatically purchase all of the gear in the loadout you saved.  If you already have some of the gear on you, you would be sold only the items you're missing from the loadout.

It's the equivalent of going to your local pub and asking for 'the usual.'  It saves everyone some time and mouse miles.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 think that would be really nice and save some time and create more pvp instead of having players just sitting in the safe zones trying to figure out what to buy every time they die and go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Posted (edited)

 

1 hour ago, ]CIA[ Alcapone said:

 think that would be really nice and save some time and create more pvp instead of having players just sitting in the safe zones trying to figure out what to buy every time they die and go back.

with some servers making sure you need 2 go to the traders yeh well i liked the "old" exile a bit more PvP you spawn grab some gear kill players ( or get killed) grabbed there gear and vehicles than sell it. Nowadays even with Vanilla loot you need to be happy to find a weapon............ Oh wait wasn't this a survival mod or was it PvP?!????!??.. Don't know anymore or was it both....... they left it up to your imaginations.

 

EDIT; More loadouts? why not spawn in with weapons and gear like some servers do aka wasteland style

Edited by STONEY-DSP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STONEY-DSP said:

 

with some servers making sure you need 2 go to the traders yeh well i liked the "old" exile a bit more PvP you spawn grab some gear kill players ( or get killed) grabbed there gear and vehicles than sell it. Nowadays even with Vanilla loot you need to be happy to find a weapon............ Oh wait wasn't this a survival mod or was it PvP?!????!??.. Don't know anymore or was it both....... they left it up to your imaginations.

 

EDIT; More loadouts? why not spawn in with weapons and gear like some servers do aka wasteland style

I think you've missed the point by a mile.

What he meant is that you can save a template of sorts that will buy the selected stuff for you at the traders not a spawning loadout lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't Call of Duty. The whole point of ArmA is to be more of a sim. Stuff like reviving from the dead, parachuting back to your body 30 seconds after dying, and instantly re-equipping at the trader to jump right back into battle all defeat the whole purpose of playing ArmA. IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

This isn't Call of Duty. The whole point of ArmA is to be more of a sim. Stuff like reviving from the dead, parachuting back to your body 30 seconds after dying, and instantly re-equipping at the trader to jump right back into battle all defeat the whole purpose of playing ArmA. IMHO

No one is talking about reviving from the dead, 30 second respawns or Call of Duty.  Nothing I've suggested above will, "defeat the whole purpose of playing Arma."  I'm talking about reducing repetitive strain injuries from navigating the trader UI.  A mild convenience that shouldn't affect game-play at all.

If you're *really* worried that automating trader purchases will ruin the game then OK  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  they could introduce a 90 second delay to the 'Purchase Loadout' function in which both you and my mousing wrist can breathe a sigh of relief and I can go make a cup of tea. -_-

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

This isn't Call of Duty. The whole point of ArmA is to be more of a sim. Stuff like reviving from the dead, parachuting back to your body 30 seconds after dying, and instantly re-equipping at the trader to jump right back into battle all defeat the whole purpose of playing ArmA. IMHO

This is EXILE not real life. Now tell me how a pre-made purchase list would be any different from you buying stuff manually ?

 

P.S. If you so dislike those features why are you still on exile anyway ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.