Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jabeds

Bases de-spawned all at once

Question

A few days ago there was a huge base disappearance, over half the bases on the entire server de-spawned. In itself the fact that they all went over one restart indicates that it certainly had nothing to do with rent being up to date. I also noticed that all the bases that de-spawned where bases that we made over 9 days before the incident. I also know that it wasn't something I had done that restart as i hadn't touched / changed anything on the server and this has happened on a smaller scale in the past.

If anyone has any pointers it would help massively as I really don't want this to happen again.

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, jabeds said:

In itself the fact that they all went over one restart indicates that it certainly had nothing to do with rent being up to date.

It most certainly does. :P 
Database cleanup happens in the postInit on the server, which runs when the server starts.

Yes but bases that were payed 1 day ago and bases that were payed along time ago all de-spawned, after this last happened before I increased the rent period to 2 months to avoid this however for 80% of flags to disappear over 1 restart that would not make sense. The system clears bases on restart that haven't been payed during that server uptime, it does not just clear all bases that were unpaid in the last month. 

Advertisement

What did you set your territoryLifeTime  and constructionLifeTime to be? Exact numbers please. 

Posted (edited)

// Remove all territories (and contructions + containers in it) that were not paid after X days
            territoryLifeTime = 50;

// Remove all containers outside of territories that have not been used for X days
            // Example: Tents
            containerLifeTime = 10;

// Remove all constructions outside of territories that are older than X days or not moved for X days 
            // Example: Work Benches
            constructionLifeTime = 2;

I know 50 days is a very long time xD but was trying to avoid this base de-spawning issue

Edited by jabeds

Posted (edited)

50 days is too long, people come and go far to often to have unused bases just sitting around. Major performance killer. IMO, you should set it to 14 and tell them to pay attention and get protection paid on time, or pay the consequences. It's not hard, the due date is right in territories in the XM8. I have always made these settings before going public with the server, changing the setting on a live server may very well be the problem. I could be wrong. 

Edited by oSoDirty

As i said before the only reason i did this was to prevent base de-spawning, but now that i know this has nothing to do with causing it i will most likely change that, as yes you are right that it is probably killing frames especially with the high population. I just want to get this bug figured out first. When i had it set to 1 week the bug occurs, nearly 2 months and still the bug remains. :( 

Advertisement