Dunsparth

Woops i accidently deleted scripts.txt

3 posts in this topic

i'm new to this, so setting it up by myself is getting frustrating and pretty hard.
Anyhow i had script restriction error #8 and fixed it by using the tool than i got #14 and fixed it than got #8 again and was trying to fix it, and i deleted the script.txt out of my directory on accident without saving it to my desktop... ive been up for a really long time and am pretty tired right now and am frustrated so i just wanted to get it done.
Anyhow i can connect to the server now, idk what to do? is this a bad thing do i now have no anti-cheat? can someone help me please thanks.

Depends, deleting any of the filter files means that Battleye is not actively filtering that area. So if you delete the scripts.txt file, that means those kicks that you normally for script restriction are now "ignored". If you aren't running any other form of anti-hack, this can open up your server to "scripters". There are some people out there, including I, who don't use battleye because of how annoying it is to mod ArmA with it, but running it definitely helps keep the low level script kiddies from turning your server into a playground. That choice is ultimately yours. 

If you want to run it, you can redownload the default Exile battleye filters via the @ExileServer package download. If you run infiSTAR, he has his own battleye filters and you will need to use those instead. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, WolfkillArcadia said:

Depends, deleting any of the filter files means that Battleye is not actively filtering that area. So if you delete the scripts.txt file, that means those kicks that you normally for script restriction are now "ignored". If you aren't running any other form of anti-hack, this can open up your server to "scripters". There are some people out there, including I, who don't use battleye because of how annoying it is to mod ArmA with it, but running it definitely helps keep the low level script kiddies from turning your server into a playground. That choice is ultimately yours. 

If you want to run it, you can redownload the default Exile battleye filters via the @ExileServer package download. If you run infiSTAR, he has his own battleye filters and you will need to use those instead. 

Thanks, i paid for infiSTAR with the hosting company i went thru but don't think its installed yet.

Advertisement