Andr3w

Server taking long time to start up

Question

Posted (edited)

My server started taking an hour plus to start up since the other day. Sits here for about an hour and then moves on normally.

=====================================================================
== C:\sspanel\gameservers\arma3\5420\arma3server.exe
== "C:\sspanel\gameservers\arma3\5420\arma3server.exe"  -mod=@Exile;@extendedbase;@RHSUSAF;@RHSAFRF;@HAP;@HVP; -servermod=@ExileServer; -ip=72.46.139.194 -port=18415 -profiles=Admin -config=Admin\server.cfg -cfg=Admin\arma3.cfg -name=Admin -autoinit -nolog 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2016/04/20 11:17:28
Current time:  2016/05/16 22:33:41

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.58.135656

Allocator: C:\sspanel\gameservers\arma3\5420\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

22:33:41 Entering off-line mode. Callbacks and content list updates will not work.
22:34:12 Initializing stats manager.
22:34:12 Stats config disabled.
22:34:12 sessionID: ca3d3c86a4e4ef1cab89a8d9dedfa829d45031dc

I am hosting via survival servers if it matters.

Edited by Andr3w

7 answers to this question

get rid of the -nolog parameter otherwise you'll never work out what's wrong :)

Start time typically depends on server power, an hour is unheard of, at least for me. I would usually instantly blame the fact that it's a virtual server, and you're sharing the cpu with every other server they crammed on the dedi. If it wasn't taking a long time, and you've made no changes and suddenly it's crap, I would submit a ticket to your host. If you changed anything, well, change it back =]  I went through a couple providers myself and have come to learn that pretty much any preconfigured server with the exception of VERY few, is crap. IMO dedi is the only way.  Do yourself a favor, put a test server on your home pc, and watch how boot time just shits on any virtual server, and test any and every change you make there before pushing it to a public server.

1 person likes this

Advertisement
8 minutes ago, second_coming said:

get rid of the -nolog parameter otherwise you'll never work out what's wrong :)

I don't know if that is an option on survival servers. Here is the config page. The launch parameter line is just for my mods but this is what it says:

@Exile;@extendedbase;@RHSUSAF;@RHSAFRF;@HAP;@HVP; -servermod=@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_servermod;
5 minutes ago, oSoDirty said:

Start time typically depends on server power, an hour is unheard of, at least for me. I would usually instantly blame the fact that it's a virtual server, and you're sharing the cpu with every other server they crammed on the dedi. If it wasn't taking a long time, and you've made no changes and suddenly it's crap, I would submit a ticket to your host. If you changed anything, well, change it back =]  I went through a couple providers myself and have come to learn that pretty much any preconfigured server with the exception of VERY few, is crap. IMO dedi is the only way.  Do yourself a favor, put a test server on your home pc, and watch how boot time just shits on any virtual server, and test any and every change you make there before pushing it to a public server.

I would love to have a dedi but unfortunately I am on a college student's budget and this server is only for my brothers and a couple friends. I didn't change anything other than some small config changes (a few prices of items and the like) around the time of this happening. I guess I will put in a ticket. Just figured that I would ask if I was doing something stupidly obvious first.

If your price changes are working, you did nothing stupid. If you mess up the config, server won't boot at all.

5 minutes ago, oSoDirty said:

If your price changes are working, you did nothing stupid. If you mess up the config, server won't boot at all.

Server boots fine, just takes forever. Relevant log portion:

== C:\sspanel\gameservers\arma3\5420\arma3server.exe
== "C:\sspanel\gameservers\arma3\5420\arma3server.exe"  -mod=@Exile;@extendedbase;@RHSUSAF;@RHSAFRF;@HAP;@HVP; -servermod=@ExileServer; -ip=72.46.139.194 -port=18415 -profiles=Admin -config=Admin\server.cfg -cfg=Admin\arma3.cfg -name=Admin -autoinit -nolog 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2016/04/20 11:17:28
Current time:  2016/05/15 07:33:41

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.58.135656

Allocator: C:\sspanel\gameservers\arma3\5420\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

7:33:41 Entering off-line mode. Callbacks and content list updates will not work.
 7:34:16 Initializing stats manager.
 7:34:16 Stats config disabled.
 7:34:16 sessionID: 165ef4d4c667ab28c9eaa810a7626d9b5b8f1a9e
 8:22:44 Unsupported language English in stringtable
 8:22:44 Unsupported language English in stringtable
... Rest of log ...

Note the 50+ minute delay before continuing.

2 hours ago, second_coming said:

see if they can turn on logging for you

Put that in the ticket ;) now we wait...

Advertisement