Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xzerokoolx

Headless Client Help

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have setup a Exile server running A3XAI, DMS and ZCP. I would like to offload A3XAI to a HC but have very little understanding of how Headless clients work nor how to set one up. I have tried searching the forum for more info but the following is as close to a set of instructions i can find and is of little help.

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/6751-question-about-headless-client/?do=findComment&comment=29129 

is there a tutorial anywhere i have missed? 

My first confusion is, does a HC (run on the same box) require you to install another instance of the arma server to run the HC or can you use your current one and just set different launch parameters?

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers

Zero

Posted (edited)

To be completely honest, if you're already using DMS and  ZCP, you'd be much better off using Occupation by @second_coming, instead of A3XAI. Occupation uses DMS AI (which doesn't require a HC) and is faaaaar more efficient and configurable than the no longer developed or supported A3XAI.

Edited by kuplion

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

This is what i use;

-client -nosound -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -mod="@Exile;@extendedbase;@Ryanzombies;@CBA_A3;@ASDG_JR;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;" -profiles=HCLogs

Obviously change my mods to yours and just copy the arma3server.exe and rename it to HCserver.exe and run it through firedeamon.

Edited by Brit

On 5/18/2016 at 0:30 AM, kuplion said:

To be completely honest, if you're already using DMS and  ZCP, you'd be much better off using Occupation by @second_coming, instead of A3XAI. Occupation uses DMS AI (which doesn't require a HC) and is faaaaar more efficient and configurable than the no longer developed or supported A3XAI.

Thanks for the suggestion dude, I have setup Occupations now but my player base is less then happy with it as it does not actively seek players like A3X does.

So im still looking for help with setting up a HC if anyone would be willing to give me some tips they would be muchly appreciated.

-Zero

6 minutes ago, xzerokoolx said:

Thanks for the suggestion dude, I have setup Occupations now but my player base is less then happy with it as it does not actively seek players like A3X does.

So im still looking for help with setting up a HC if anyone would be willing to give me some tips they would be muchly appreciated.

-Zero

This is actually a feature that the dev has announced he is working on right now. For the time being though, any hostile AI will seek out and engage players if they spot them.

6 minutes ago, kuplion said:

This is actually a feature that the dev has announced he is working on right now. For the time being though, any hostile AI will seek out and engage players if they spot them.

Yah i asked second_coming in his thread about it a few days ago and that is about what he said. Ill switch back to Occupations when it is implemented but we don't know when that will be. 

Bump, still looking for some help with this

Here is what im doing atm, could be compleatly wrong

make a copy of my arma3 folder (folder names Server and HC)

Edit config.cfg in "Server\@ExileServer" to this:

localClient[]={127.0.0.1};
headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1"};
battleyeLicense=1;

Edit mission.sqm in "Server\mpmissions\Exile.Altis" 

in the groups class changed item = 100 to 101

then added this at the end of the groups class under "item 99"

class Item99
                {
                    position[]={13239.08,16.010651,11685.795};
                    special="NONE";
                    id=100;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="HeadlessClient_F";
                    player="PLAY CDG";
                    skill=0.6;

text="HC"

forceHeadlessClient=1;
                };

place downloaded @A3XAI_HC into "HC" folder 

start server with:

start "Arma3" /min /wait arma3server.exe -mod=@exile;@CBA_A3;@extendedbase;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;Kart;Mark;Heli; -servermod=@exileserver;@infiSTAR_Exile;@marma; -config=C:\Game-Servers\ExileServer\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Game-Servers\ExileServer\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC

start HC with:

start "Arma3" /min /wait arma3server.exe -mod=@exile;@CBA_A3;@A3XAI_HC;@extendedbase;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;Kart;Mark;Heli; -config=C:\Game-Servers\ExileServerhc\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2302

as you can see im loooooost, is there anyone that could possibly help me over Teamspeak or somthing.

Cheers

Zero

Advertisement