Surefire

Are there any milsim servers?

7 posts in this topic

I'm tired of easy servers. I want one where it's not possible to have everything you could ever want in a matter of hours. I want one where you're not fully geared out 5 minutes after you land on the ground. The more AI and mods the better, the more realism the better, the more milsim type feel the better, task force radio, ACE, ballistics mods, nightime is an absolute MUST (for more than the typical "last half hour before restart" bullshit you see on almost every. single. server. Most servers get voted to day the SECOND it starts to transition to evening. I've been on servers where someone wanted to vote day to get the sun out of their eyes. I very highly doubt a server like this exists and/or will ever exist without me renting my own but I'm just plain tired of having it easy. I am interested in joining a milsim community but I'm not a big fan of the "always planned and scripted" nature of them. I like to free roam. So please, I beg you, if anyone knows of a server like this or is willing to create a server like this please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

I agree, InsertCoins seems to have the right idea. @SurefireI think our problem's not going to be that there aren't any servers whose owners share the vision of a hard (and therefore rewarding) Exile experience. The problem is that 95% of the community seems to prefer exactly the kind of insta-loot/kill/die/repeat mentality you seem to be sick of as well. We'd somehow need to get the remaining 5% to agree on a server and fill that thing up until it's noticed by the larger community. I'm actually quite certain that a sizable portion of the player base would prefer the kind of experience you're talking about if they ever gave it a chance. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own one of those "insta-loot/kill/die/repeat" servers and its honestly great fun if you give it a chance. 

Of course I would love to make it a lot harder but, as you said, the majority don't want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, deepflows said:

I agree, InsertCoins seems to have the right idea. @SurefireI think our problem's not going to be that there aren't any servers whose owners share the vision of a hard (and therefore rewarding) Exile experience. The problem is that 95% of the community seems to prefer exactly the kind of insta-loot/kill/die/repeat mentality you seem to be sick of as well. We'd somehow need to get the remaining 5% to agree on a server and fill that thing up until it's noticed by the larger community. I'm actually quite certain that a sizable portion of the player base would prefer the kind of experience you're talking about if they ever gave it a chance. 

I think there's a larger amount of players than 5% who are tired of the casual players. I've been on more than one server where players get pissed and/or leave simply from it getting voted to day. I don't have the disposable income to make my own server, nor the know-how to host my own and play on my own machine other wise I would start my own server in a heartbeat. I guarantee you it would become popular, solely based on the fact that every single exile server eventually becomes what vanilla exile is... (no offense intended to the devs) a "loot, sell, build" simulator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Mr Sin said:

I own one of those "insta-loot/kill/die/repeat" servers and its honestly great fun if you give it a chance. 

Of course I would love to make it a lot harder but, as you said, the majority don't want it.

Been there, done that ;)

I agree it's fun, but gets old really fast imo. If everything is "exciting", nothing is - and for me, KOTH or similar modes work a lot better when I'm in the mood for that kind of action. 

Edited by deepflows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr Sin said:

I own one of those "insta-loot/kill/die/repeat" servers and its honestly great fun if you give it a chance. 

Of course I would love to make it a lot harder but, as you said, the majority don't want it.

I have given it a chance, and it is very fun up to a point, however it gets old looting and selling and doing the same missions over and over again every 20 minutes getting so much money you don't have any reason to do any more missions. I know a server with what I'm looking for will essentially be the same thing, but what I'm looking for is a more tactical and slow paced experience. I watch milsim missions from communities on youtube and I think how awesome it would be to have an open world exile server where the players played like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.