The Unknown

Server crashing

Question

Hi guys and gals. Been a month or so now of running a server for the first time and have everything going pretty good. Recently however we've started getting server crashes at random intervals and also failures to restart.

I've seen a lot of odd things that may mean something to other more experienced people, but, to me, I'm a little stumped.

infiSTAR is occasionally failing to load up after an automated restart. Logs seem to show the server failing 3 times in a row then working, then failing 3 times in a row and then working etc. etc. Also, the server runs very well, no bad lag spikes or failures to load in missions or etc. All the mods are working as they should....but...still we have these crashes. I'm pretty sure it's something I've done, as, I'm still very new to this so any help would be awesome :D

Link to the latest log.

http://pastebin.com/szieHCfY

Thanks again.

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I had this EXACT same error and behavior until i removed TRYK ...

1. 23:08:18 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(969394369): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
I removed Tryk and since then, no issues. Just my 2 cents.

**EDIT**
I want to be clear here as well. I removed TRYK from my traders, loot and missions. I (at the start) did not remove the TRYK from the database, and allowed the mod to start still. This lessed the crashes. Once i totally cleaned the DB of all tryk the issue completely went away.

Josh
Edited by GamersRoost

What with TRYK falling off the steam workshop the other week and known stability issues I guess I should have guessed this could be the main culprit. Such a shame, I love the TRYK stuff too :( much cry.

Welp. Unless anyone else spots something I might have screwed up (can't believe I haven't balls'd up somewhere) I guess I'll have to try and find an alternative to TRYK.

On that note....Anyone got any ideas? I know CUP, MAS and RHS all have uniforms. But, CUP look a little...Arma 2-ish for me (I wonder why), and RHS and MAS are very military. I kinda wanted a more civilian feel, making militaria harder to find.

Advertisement

Ok, so I've tried removing the TRYK stuff completely from the traders, loot spawns and etc. Taken the mod out too, but, unfortunately the server still ain't loading up.

I did find a few errors in the loot table I'd made (knew I'd have fouled up somewhere) but they've now been sorted out. The server gets as far as the lobby and hangs on the receiving data bar. After that, it won't even get as far as the lobby, so, I'm pretty sure it's something going screwy on loading up. The logs look pretty much the same as the one above still and I'm running out of ideas.

The weird thing is I'm going back to previous back ups that worked (although, they were still prone to crashes) and I'm still not getting beyond the lobby. Is it potentially because of TRYK stuff still being stored within the actual database? And, would this require a server wipe to get rid of?? (Cause my players will hate me more than they already do :D )

Posted (edited)

-world=empty -disableServerThread

remove your silly startup command no idea where you got that from but it does not do what you think it does.

Edited by Valthos™

Unfortunately I'm not sure how, as the start-up parameters are controlled within a control panel with Host Havoc and the -world=empty option isn't even there.

(The -disableServerThread can be unselected, but, it never seems to save and it seems to remain selected regardless)

TRYK caused our servers to crash as well. But don't remove the mod completely right away. Just remove access to the gear and let it fade from the database. Once you can't find anything related in the database, then remove the mod completely. If you're not getting any errors or popups when booting, it just gets hung up, it may be the server just taking a while to load. Depending on what all you have added / edited, you may also want to check database logs, hangups are also often caused by a database malfunction.

It is looking more and more likely to be a combination of things really. TRYK does indeed seem to be causing some errors (but I've seen it running successfully elsewhere even now it's back on the beta version) so I'm not willing to just blame the mod. Pretty sure I've made mistakes along the way.

I've decided that I will start over from scratch with a fresh Exile sever config and mission file and remove all the mods. I've actually just done this and it's running, as you'd expect, like butter.

I'll take my time, go through it, mod by mod and test it all as I go, see if I spot any point where it all starts going pear shaped. I think I'll leave TRYK til last too :D

Thanks for the help chaps :)

Advertisement