Marshall

Bounty system has been scrapped....?

22 posts in this topic

A quote from the Devblog

Also, the Bounty system has been scrapped. After months of discussion we came to the decision that there were too many ways the system could be abused.

So my question is, how many ways can the Bounty System be abused when you could simply do the following?

Bounty Tax - a % of the bounty money is charged as a handling fee, and never reaches the bounty hunter.

This way, the bounty system cannot be used to inflate money transfers to friends, be used to profit from and / or be abused. Money can already be sent directly to people, so this way wouldn't benefit a group of friends sat in the mountains killing each other in an attempt to gain from the bounties. They'd in effect be throwing a % of their wire transfer away. This is not abusable

Additional thoughts are:

• The bounty never sees that they have a bounty on their head, only those that aren't connected with them (in the same Family / group). You could even build a connections data table which logs anyone someone has ever been grouped / in a clan with, to extend upon this bounty blackout.
  • The bounty hunter must gather the dog tags from the corpse, meaning ANYONE can cash in on the bounty as long as they are the ones to grab the tags and hand them in at the closest Bounty Handler (trader).
  • The bounty location is unknown, or perhaps a rough location text string is announced every so often. However, you can additionally pay a Bounty Hunter Contract Fee to periodically see a location ping on the map of all current bounties. Like having a fishing / hunting license, it gives you access to the bounties in the form of locations.

Cheers.

respect system is more exploitable then the bounty system and they are scrapping it. doesn't make sense. 

Advertisement

Here are some ways:

Your team makes a really hard mission where you gain alot poptabs but see another team catching you offguard and you got a fucked up spot.
So you make a bounty on the head of one of your friends to safe all the poptabs, they can be just a kilometer away from you or in your base but if his teammate kills him fast enough its all good.

Your Base gets raided while you are inside and you can see they are too much players bombing through your walls you have no chance so you just send a bounty on one of ur friends, to save all the poptabs you have in the base and your friends must only have another safe somewhere to store it or in another base.

You are far away from your mates but they need the money you have to quickly defend or attack something or whatever...

This can apply for all kind of scenarios where money must go fast from A to B or if someone is traped with money and he dont want to lose it.
In these situations the players dont care if 10% or 30% gets lost.

6 hours ago, Limitless0 said:

respect system is more exploitable then the bounty system and they are scrapping it. doesn't make sense. 

Admins can control the kill log and punish guys who abuse it, or also players can make screenshots from obvious abuser and post it to the admins.

I wouldn't get too concerned about the bounty system just yet. I'm sure there will be something equally fun, more fitting and less exploitable put in to replace such a system. 

51 minutes ago, Xanto said:

Here are some ways:

Your team makes a really hard mission where you gain alot poptabs but see another team catching you offguard and you got a fucked up spot.
So you make a bounty on the head of one of your friends to safe all the poptabs, they can be just a kilometer away from you or in your base but if his teammate kills him fast enough its all good.

Your Base gets raided while you are inside and you can see they are too much players bombing through your walls you have no chance so you just send a bounty on one of ur friends, to save all the poptabs you have in the base and your friends must only have another safe somewhere to store it or in another base.

You are far away from your mates but they need the money you have to quickly defend or attack something or whatever...

This can apply for all kind of scenarios where money must go fast from A to B or if someone is traped with money and he dont want to lose it.
In these situations the players dont care if 10% or 30% gets lost.

All of this sort of assumes players would be able to place bounties from their XM8. Could be fixed by requiring bounties to be both placed and redeemed from a special vendor. A vendor would make more sense with the physical pop tab system as well. XM8 would still display which bounties are available.

That said, I'm not crazy about the idea of bounties if they would reveal the target's position in any way. Somebody keeps killing you? Just place a small bounty every chance you get. Want to know where someone's base is? Bounty. Want to know where all hostile players are? Bounties.

I trust that the devs have thought this through enough and have good reasons for scrapping it.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Boxman80 said:

I wouldn't get too concerned about the bounty system just yet. I'm sure there will be something equally fun, more fitting and less exploitable put in to replace such a system. 

I'm very , very sure that a system will show up very soon :bandit:

There is already a bounty script out. and seems to do the job!

Let the exile devs focus on more important things!!

1 hour ago, Sgt Smash said:

There is already a bounty script out. and seems to do the job!

Let the exile devs focus on more important things!!

Got a link?

6 hours ago, kuplion said:

Got a link?

soz i don't run a server. but one i play on has it. i can pm you the name of the server if you want.

Advertisement