Illidan

Editing Difficulty in Config.bin

12 posts in this topic

I've found the similar threads about this but have been no help to me.

I want to disable:  Visible red triangle around placed mines, player information text when aimed at them (even from far distance!) and players/nps's being marked on the map automatically.

After reading alot I've learnt its in the difficulty settings.

 

How would I edit the classes ExileRegular and ExileHardcore in config.bin?

 

Thank you all for everything.

p.s I'm sorry I wasn't sure where to put it under in the forum

Edited by Illidan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple answer, you don't.... lol.. this has been answered but can be hard to find as its in the Arma 3 latest release bugs thread.

Real answer: You edit the (user).Arma3Profile file and @ExileServer\config.cfg

(user).Arma3Profile : for me this is: C:\ArmaExile\Server\SC\Users\SC\SC.Arma3Profile (based on startup command "-profiles=SC -name=SC" )

add this and set to what you want.

difficulty="Custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            groupIndicators=2;
            friendlyTags=0;
            enemyTags=0;
            detectedMines=0;
            commands=0;
            waypoints=2;
            weaponInfo=2;
            stanceIndicator=0;
            reducedDamage=0;
            staminaBar=0;
            weaponCrosshair=1;
            visionAid=0;
            thirdPersonView=1;
            cameraShake=1;
            scoreTable=1;
            deathMessages=0;
            vonID=1;
            mapContent=0;
            autoReport=0;
            multipleSaves=0;
        };
        aiLevelPreset=2;
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=1;
        precisionAI=0;
    };
};

 

Edit your @ExileServer\config.cfg to

class Missions
{
    class Exile
    {
        template = Exile.Altis; <-- what ever map
        difficulty = "Custom";  <-- this matches whats in the profile file
    }; 
};

GL

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
On 22.5.2016 at 9:06 AM, MadRoller said:

Simple answer, you don't.... lol.. this has been answered but can be hard to find as its in the Arma 3 latest release bugs thread.

Real answer: You edit the (user).Arma3Profile file and @ExileServer\config.cfg

(user).Arma3Profile : for me this is: C:\ArmaExile\Server\SC\Users\SC\SC.Arma3Profile (based on startup command "-profiles=SC -name=SC" )

add this and set to what you want.

difficulty="Custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            groupIndicators=2;
            friendlyTags=0;
            enemyTags=0;
            detectedMines=0;
            commands=0;
            waypoints=2;
            weaponInfo=2;
            stanceIndicator=0;
            reducedDamage=0;
            staminaBar=0;
            weaponCrosshair=1;
            visionAid=0;
            thirdPersonView=1;
            cameraShake=1;
            scoreTable=1;
            deathMessages=0;
            vonID=1;
            mapContent=0;
            autoReport=0;
            multipleSaves=0;
        };
        aiLevelPreset=2;
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=1;
        precisionAI=0;
    };
};

 

Edit your @ExileServer\config.cfg to

class Missions
{
    class Exile
    {
        template = Exile.Altis; <-- what ever map
        difficulty = "Custom";  <-- this matches whats in the profile file
    }; 
};

GL

how can use this with TADST, TADST everytime change to default

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ♜ Ģօɾɱ էհε Ølძ said:

Thanks for this , but as I to am new to Arma coding I'm not exactly sure how to install it?  The readme file doesn't say much..

Just pop it in @ExileServer/addons/ next to the exile_server_config.pbo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kuplion said:

Just pop it in @ExileServer/addons/ next to the exile_server_config.pbo.

Had already done so, I worked out that much. But it's not working for some reason..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ♜ Ģօɾɱ էհε Ølძ said:

Had already done so, I worked out that much. But it's not working for some reason..

Did you recompile the PBO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.