eddiedean

Adding vehicles and getting stuck

Question

Hello,

I'm configuring a server and I've encountered this problem: I installed the M3 editor, then I use it to add some vehicles in the map. Then I export the SQF and add it. I log into the game and the vehicles are there. I can get into the vehicle, but once I'm in, I cannot get out neither using the 'Get out' nor 'Eject' options. Also I cannot get the engine working. Any ideas? I've been searching around the forum but I couldn't find anything regarding this.

Thanks,

8 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

If that is the template I posted in the thread, it's not for m3editor, it's for 3den editor. Use the ones he has premade in the addon for m3editor.

Note: If you are using 3den, maybe give m3editor a try, that is the one we have the vehicle spawned with.

Edited by oSoDirty

Why not just edit  @ExileServer > addons > exile_server_config > config.cpp and let the server handle it? Look for:

// Stuff to spawn on roads
		ground[] = 
		{
                // Edit what's in here to change what vehicles can spawn each restart.
		};

Advertisement

Thanks for your answer, I will try that. But what happens if I want a certain vehicle spawned in an exact location?

Thanks again.

Posted (edited)

I would use the editor, are you using initServer to spawn the vehicles? I haven't done any testing with that, however we use a serverside addon to spawn in our trader cities and added military camp. One of our traders has a car in a garage, the car is completely operable.  The addon can be found here. Very simple to use.

Edited by oSoDirty

52 minutes ago, oSoDirty said:

I would use the editor, are you using initServer to spawn the vehicles? I haven't done any testing with that, however we use a serverside addon to spawn in our trader cities and added military camp. One of our traders has a car in a garage, the car is completely operable.  The addon can be found here. Very simple to use.

Thanks for your tip but I can't get this working at all. I also used the custom1.sqf file you posted, and added my two vehicles:

/*
    File: fn_custom1.sqf
    Author: Warsheep(GER) // warsheep.de
    Notes: include ur objects here ,have u light objects add them to the simulated array
    TODO: here , nothing i think
	Version: V1.0 Beta
*/
private ["_objects","_simulated"];
if (ws_custom1 == 0) exitWith {
	if (ws_debug == 0)exitWith {};
	diag_log "WsObjects CUSTOM1 OBJECTS Disabled";
};
_simulated = ["Land_LampAirport_F","Land_LampHalogen_F","Land_LampSolar_F","Land_PortableLight_single_F","Land_PortableLight_double_F","MetalBarrel_burning_F","Exile_Construction_CampFire_Static"];

if (ws_custom1 == 1) exitWith {
	if (ws_debug == 1) then {
		diag_log "WsObjects CUSTOM1 OBJECTS Enabled";
	};

_objects = 
		[
			// place objects here
			["Exile_Chopper_Hummingbird_Civillian_Red",[20800.1,7234.09,28.779],[[0,0.999826,-0.018666],[0.02133,0.0186617,0.999598]],[false,false]],
    		["Exile_Car_Hunter",[20812.9,7230.8,28.8803],[[0,0.999147,-0.0412979],[0.00133721,0.0412978,0.999146]],[false,false]]
		];
	{
		private _object = (_x select 0) createVehicle [0,0,0];
		_object setPosASL (_x select 1);
		_object setVectorDirAndUp (_x select 2);
		_object enableSimulationGlobal ((_x select 3) select 0);
		_object allowDamage ((_x select 3) select 1);
	} 
	forEach _objects;
	if (ws_debug == 0)exitWith {};
	diag_log "WsObjects CUSTOM1 OBJECTS Spawned";
};

But the thing is that I have enabled debug mode and I can't see any log in the server console.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I'm trying but I can't save the SQF. All I get is a black screen. I went to the creator website, and in the comments he says that you should disable battleye. I have it disabled server side. Should I disable it client side? How? Because I couldn't find any parameter for doing so.

Best regards,

Oops, didn't say anything. This can be done in the loading app :)

I finally did it. If in the future someone is looking for a solution, this worked for me:

8 hours ago, oSoDirty said:

If that is the template I posted in the thread, it's not for m3editor, it's for 3den editor. Use the ones he has premade in the addon for m3editor.

Note: If you are using 3den, maybe give m3editor a try, that is the one we have the vehicle spawned with.

Thanks oSoDirty for your help :)

Advertisement