Surge132

Server Closing on Startup

Question

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue when trying to put up a second server. I've gotten everything to the point that I need it but it seems that every single time I try to start my server, the arma3server console just closes after it says "Reading Mission...". I understand that this might be a mission problem but I honestly can't seem to find anything wrong. I've literally made my mission to the complete bare bones mission file and nothing seems to be coming up with working. I'm working on doing a Chernarus server and at the moment am only running with the base stuff (CUP Terrains/Core/Exile/ExileServer) The biggest problem I also seem to find with this is that no logs are left anywhere. No server RPT or MySQL log. Nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Ok, I seemed to have figured it out. I was just messing around with a few things trying to get it to work and I was thinking that maybe the config was messed up somewhere. So I pretty much just redid extdb-conf.ini by downloading the vanilla one and editing it to my needs and it works! I honestly don't know what was wrong in the first place but not it creates logs and all works well. Thanks for the help!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Surge132 said:

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue when trying to put up a second server. I've gotten everything to the point that I need it but it seems that every single time I try to start my server, the arma3server console just closes after it says "Reading Mission...". I understand that this might be a mission problem but I honestly can't seem to find anything wrong. I've literally made my mission to the complete bare bones mission file and nothing seems to be coming up with working. I'm working on doing a Chernarus server and at the moment am only running with the base stuff (CUP Terrains/Core/Exile/ExileServer) The biggest problem I also seem to find with this is that no logs are left anywhere. No server RPT or MySQL log. Nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The database is not configured properly. This is my gut feeling.

Please pastebin your start.bat (startup parameters).

Edited by GamersRoost

Advertisement
start "Exile" /min /high "arma3server.exe" -port=2312 "-config=@ExileServer\config.cfg" "-profiles=Profiles" "-cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg" "-bepath=BattlEye" -name=System -serverMod=@ExileServer; "-mod=@Exile;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains_Core;" -world=empty -nosplash -noSound -noPause -enableHT -malloc=tbbmalloc -autoinit 

there is no MYSQL Logs in @exileServer\EXTDB\logs?

the start looks ok to me besides the malloc, but i use system so i cannot comment on it.

I still think the database is not configured right. Look for them logs. I'm sure you have already, as you stated. IF they are not in the right location inside of EXTDB folder, i am at a total loss. But i suck at this so not too surprised. :)

Yeah, there aren't any logs there. That was something I thought of too before posting here but there is nothing in my logs folder.

is the MySQL service running? Sound CRAZY to ask , but i have to haha.

Nope, MySQL is running and has been the whole time.

Advertisement