Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trojan(s a d b o y s 2001)

Looking for a map dev for an Arma 3 Tavi Exile server.

12 posts in this topic

We need someone with experience with the Arma 3 2D editor, if you don't have the experience please don't apply. You will need to build trader cities, military bases, and flesh out the map to make it feel like a lived in, dystopian world. Keep in mind the server will be fully militarized with zombies. In the server backstory the zombies just started appearing so there would be some but not a lot of evidence of them. We need someone who is creative and have a specific type of flair that would be recognizable on the map. I am willing to compensate for your work. NO MCC OR MACAS EDITOR.

Flesh out the map? What does that mean?

And why in the hell no 3D editors tho? Much more control over objects that way.

Advertisement

I do. When you use a 3d editor it spits out the coords backwards. When you import than into the config it doesn't work properly. When you use the 2D editor you have much greater control over how the items are placed.

I do. When you use a 3d editor it spits out the coords backwards. When you import than into the config it doesn't work properly. When you use the 2D editor you have much greater control over how the items are placed.

You are wrong. 

On a side note finding a person to do map edits will be hard as everyone hates doing it lol. 

1 person likes this

yes you are wrong

m3 editor is way too good not to use..and u copy it right into your InitServer.sqf

Edited by humpabry

3D Editors have much more control,

You are wrong. 

On a side note finding a person to do map edits will be hard as everyone hates doing it lol. 

I love map editing lol, just never have time!

some of my work....

14mcax3.jpguc7qp.jpg8zkacn.jpgbgsri0.jpginzm2b.jpgvmy6gl.jpg

Edited by Liqu1dShadow
1 person likes this

I personally don't think placing objects around a map is going to give Tav longevity in A3/Exile.

It doesn't take long before you feel like you are playing Arma2.

However if the actual ground and terrain were redone in newer tools with newer techniques like they incorporated on a map like Altis.. that would be a different story.

Would love to see someone do that but they probably need the authorization from Martin himself.

Advertisement