Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EliWallach

Old Skool Fun like DayZ?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey folks, I'm new to the forum, but I feel like I've been playing ArmA mods forever.

Exile is a lot of traders and safe zones etc. It's fun enough, but has anyone played any Exile servers where it's more like DayZ (not Epoch mod though)? I mean no traders, no safe zones, just survival? I don't mind the odd mission mind you, AI can keep things interesting when a server is quiet. Anyone???

I look around and everywhere I go seems to have the usual traders/safe zones etc. I'm looking for a bit of that same feeling I'd get in DayZ.

Edited by EliWallach

those servers have come and gone,  but the reason they are gone.. is so few players want to play that way .. if they do they mainly play DayZ Standalone, or Arma 2 DayZ.. even the servers that do have close to it still have safe zones.. even DayZ arma2 had safe zones on most servers.

Advertisement

Wow that's a real coincidence that you came along just as this topic was posted. Funny!

Posted (edited)

Try out Battleborne Zombie Survival. 

(yes, this is a shameless plug of my own server)

Zombies, traders only sell basic items, craftable survival objects (bandages, some ammo, etc), RARE military weapons, old school dayz weapons like lee enfield and makarov (MAS weapons) and world-spawn vehicles are persistant. No safe zones.

I strive to make it as DayZ like as possible! 

Edited by papahyooie

Have a look at our server (in my sig or in the server Database ^^^), it's a Chernarus based, Zombie filled, classic weapon stocked, attempt at getting the DayZ Mod feeling back.

We do have traders and AI, but it's still got the lovely classic feeling.

If you do come and join us, call for me (same name) in Side Chat and I'll be happy to help you get setup with a base flag or some dog food. :P

I've also got a Raptor Option coming soon, instead of zombies if you prefer. ;P

Good luck Eli!  The reason the hard servers are gone is because Arma players became soft.  They need everything giving to them these days.

MATTEW. I play on Pinkys.  What's your in game name? 

Only if you use a login music and set it to this

9 hours ago, Chainsaw Squirrel said:

those servers have come and gone,  but the reason they are gone.. is so few players want to play that way .. if they do they mainly play DayZ Standalone, or Arma 2 DayZ.. even the servers that do have close to it still have safe zones.. even DayZ arma2 had safe zones on most servers.

Not one DayZ server had safe zones, let alone traders.   EPOCH had  the safe zones & traders.   

Advertisement