Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunsparth

2D Too 3D map conversion.

4 posts in this topic

Ive got a kind of stupid question and don't know whats going on or what to do.
But ive created myself a dedicated private server with esseker on it
i'm following this guide

Ive opened up arma 3D editor and placed a marker and saved it to go and edit it into a spawn zone.
but when i go to edit the mission.sqm its in some weird format that looks like this.

Spoiler

raP       G   version 4    EditorData d   randomSeed ‰qû  ScenarioData   Mission š  G   moveGridStep   €?angleGridStep ’
†>scaleGridStep   €?autoGroupingDist    Atoggles    ItemIDProvider     MarkerIDProvider   Camera &     nextID     nextID   &   pos Fá;F´ B,#¥Edir …•F¿ÕÐ1¾ÚQ?up ¾]|?´Û=aside >·?   2Å¥I?   author Dunsparth š   Intel ¹   Entities ©  G   timeOfChanges áDstartWeather ÍÌL?startWind ÍÌÌ=startWaves ÍÌÌ=forecastWeather ÍÌL?forecastWind ÍÌÌ=forecastWaves ÍÌÌ=forecastLightnings ÍÌÌ=year Ñ  month   day   startFogDecay ôýT<forecastFogDecay ôýT<©   items    Item0 Æ  G   dataType Marker position kFµ[!ADªF name spawnborosh text Borosh type mil_objective id     atlOffset   €5G      

if i place markers in 2D editor it comes out in the form where i can edit it into a spawn point like.

class Item0
		{
			position[]={6678.9189,256.49823,3904.5002};
			name="SpawnPlavaVranaMilitaryComplex";
			text="Plava Vrana";
			type="ExileSpawnZone";
		};

But when i open up the mission.sqm from 2D editor into 3D editor i click whatever the popup message thats telling me too import it or whatever and the mission still comes out in the weird format that i cant understand...
Sorry this is a stupid question but idk what to do.

Open your sqm in the 2d editor. Place one player unit anywhere on the map. Click save. Then open your map with the 3d editor via import. Do a Save as and make sure binize is not checked at the bottom. Once imported delete the one player you added in the 3d editor and save again.  If you have any special plugins like ryans zombies or anything you may need to add them back in via text editor. Hope that makes sense.

1 person likes this

Advertisement
40 minutes ago, Spackler said:

Open your sqm in the 2d editor. Place one player unit anywhere on the map. Click save. Then open your map with the 3d editor via import. Do a Save as and make sure binize is not checked at the bottom. Once imported delete the one player you added in the 3d editor and save again.  If you have any special plugins like ryans zombies or anything you may need to add them back in via text editor. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you dude, that worked appreciate it.
So stupid how you have to do it that way.

Anytime just glad I was able to help someone.

1 person likes this

Advertisement