Razor77

[SOLVED] Messages

15 posts in this topic

Hi, could somebody tell me if with infistar you can add messages in chat similar to the message of the day type message. Also make it repeat every so often. I am using infistar for the on-screen messages, but would also like some on the chat area on the bottom left of screen. Thanks Razor

Not sure if you can already do this, but if not, Chris is generally open to suggestions on improving InfiStar, chuck him a message :P

Advertisement

Ok thanks will do that :)

I have seen these messages on others servers but can't find how they did it :D

36 minutes ago, Razor77 said:

Ok thanks will do that :)

I have seen these messages on others servers but can't find how they did it :D

Generally it's done with BEC as stated above. But BEC is Garbage, it can be done other ways.. xD

1 person likes this

Thanks for the replies, will take another look around and see how it's done. Maybe BEC for now though

I used to use BEC but the messages are in the lower left corner and are easy to miss (white font, small font).  I use the Infistar messaging capability because I can control font size, color, and location.  Problem is that it only has the ability to repeat any given message once.  So if you set the "repeat" value to 15 minutes, for example, it will repeat the message after the first 15 minutes and stop.  It  doesn't loop every 15 minutes.  Hopefully Chris will change it to a continuous repeating message based on the interval you set.

On 22.7.2016 at 1:03 AM, Bob_the_K said:

So if you set the "repeat" value to 15 minutes, for example, it will repeat the message after the first 15 minutes and stop.  It  doesn't loop every 15 minutes.  Hopefully Chris will change it to a continuous repeating message based on the interval you set.

I will change it! :)

1 person likes this

On July 25, 2016 at 3:37 AM, infiSTAR said:

I will change it! :)

Did you change? If so where in infistar do I find this please?

it should be working fine in the current version ( or in the updaet? I don't really remember when I changed it since it's so long ago now :D )

Advertisement