dinho

AI Dont Shoot In Vehicles

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I have a problem on my server, I have 4 types of AI, A3XAI, VEMf, DMS and ZCP, and none of the bot's are shooting the players when the same are in vehicles, only shoot when players leave the vehicles or helicopters, it is as if the vehicle were invisible to the bot's, I checked if it could be some change after updating the difficulty but did not succeed.

Note: the missions containing .50 bots mounted can shoot the players that are inside the vehicle and bot's having launcher can shoot the vehicles with the players inside

Posted (edited)

If your players are inside armoured vehicles (eg.strider)  then AI will only attack if they have a weapon that can damage it (like an RPG or .50 cal), the way around that is to make sure your AI have access to RPGs or remove the armoured vehicles and only allow players access to non-armoured vehicles.

Edited by second_coming
2 people like this

Advertisement
On 29/05/2016 at 8:45 AM, second_coming said:

If your players are inside armoured vehicles (eg.strider)  then AI will only attack if they have a weapon that can damage it (like an RPG or .50 cal), the way around that is to make sure your AI have access to RPGs or remove the armoured vehicles and only allow players access to non-armoured vehicles.

Thanks for your help @second_coming, I add more hardcore bots adding launchers and putting them spawn Antiarmor mines during missions.

Sorry for bumping an old post, but I have this issue with a question.

Is the only way to resolve this by adding RPG's to the AI? I'm pretty sure a SMG can do some damage to a Strider, yet even with assault rifles they ignore you, and even walk off like you have turned invisible. 

I would rather them attack you with pistols if you are rolling past in a tank.

5 hours ago, CSwords said:

I would rather them attack you with pistols if you are rolling past in a tank.

+1

I'm not sure if this bout DMS(wickedAI-base?) or arma-ai in general, but even if it's totally pointles for damage, it adds a level of immersion - when you get shot at.

Not wanna hijack topic but i also noticed, especially on DMS, if i shot  hardcore AI (+1 everything) from about 1000m with lynx or what ever - the AI doesn't really take care of it, sometimes the sniper does but really rare - not even static gunner does. BUT as soon as i launch a titan, rpg towards npc's i'm under heavy fire...huwm? But that only seems to appear on groundsoldiers, shootin at a tank, silenced, 1km, 6.5mm - you instant get shells in your face :)

DMS_ai_skill_hardcore                = 
[["aimingAccuracy",1.00],
["aimingShake",1.00],
["aimingSpeed",1.00],
["spotDistance",1.00],
["spotTime",1.00],
["courage",1.00],
["reloadSpeed",1.00],
["commanding",1.00],
["general",1.00]];     

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement