mojitoboy

Better A3XAI or Occupation ?

77 posts in this topic

We also switched from A3XAI to DMS for about a week to test them out.  I didn't put in the Occupation mod so I can't speak for that specifically.  The community didn't like the DMS AI at all so we ended up switching back.  The A3XAI just seems more intelligent with their ability to hunt players, drive and fly vehicles.  As far as performance is concerned, after about a week of testing DMS, it didn't bring any noticeable gains server FPS either.   We manage the amount of AI dynamically with A3AXI's ability to throttle the roaming AI spawn percentage based on the number of players so that helps server FPS.  Missions on our server stop spawning when the FPS drops below 10.

2 people like this

On 03/07/2016 at 5:02 PM, BlackheartsGaming said:

We also switched from A3XAI to DMS for about a week to test them out.  I didn't put in the Occupation mod so I can't speak for that specifically.  The community didn't like the DMS AI at all so we ended up switching back.  The A3XAI just seems more intelligent with their ability to hunt players, drive and fly vehicles.  As far as performance is concerned, after about a week of testing DMS, it didn't bring any noticeable gains server FPS either.   We manage the amount of AI dynamically with A3AXI's ability to throttle the roaming AI spawn percentage based on the number of players so that helps server FPS.  Missions on our server stop spawning when the FPS drops below 10.

A3XAI are far better, we are running a pve server and it takes about a week before you see a Occupation ai then when you do see one you kill one of them there vehicle blows up for no reason, the way they roam the map without players being near is pointless and a waste of server performance. A3XAI are more dynamic to players location, they seem to be more intelligent and codded better than Occupation ai. funny how A3XAI ain't been updated for along time and it still works better lol Shame that when the day comes that it stops working we are all going to be stuck wth the broken Occupation.

1 person likes this

Advertisement
18 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

A3XAI are far better, we are running a pve server and it takes about a week before you see a Occupation ai then when you do see one you kill one of them there vehicle blows up for no reason, the way they roam the map without players being near is pointless and a waste of server performance. A3XAI are more dynamic to players location, they seem to be more intelligent and codded better than Occupation ai. funny how A3XAI ain't been updated for along time and it still works better lol Shame that when the day comes that it stops working we are all going to be stuck wth the broken Occupation.

Just to correct this stupid misinformation. Occupation vehicles do not blow up. DMS vehicles do. Occupation uses DMS for the AI and the vehicles. Disable the option to blow up vehicles when killing the driver and Occupation will follow suit.

Occupation and A3XAI are entirely different systems, both with their merits. If you want a server that isn't absolutely brought to it's knees, use Occupation. A3XAI is outdated, has dozens of unaddressed bugs, most notable, randomly invincible AI. Yes the A3XAI AI behave slightly diffrently, and perhaps even slightly more immersively due to fully roaming the map, but they are bugged and broken.

Use Occupation, not A3XAI.

Edited by kuplion
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, kuplion said:

Just to correct this stupid misinformation. Occupation vehicles do now blow up. DMS vehicles do. Occupation uses DMS for the AI and the vehicles. Disable the option to blow up vehicles when killing the driver and Occupation will follow suit.

Occupation and A3XAI are entirely different systems, both with their merits. If you want a server that isn't absolutely brought to it's knees, use Occupation. A3XAI is outdated, has dozens of unaddressed bugs, most notable, randomly invincible AI. Yes the A3XAI AI behave slightly diffrently, and perhaps even slightly more immersively due to fully roaming the map, but they are bugged and broken.

Use Occupation, not A3XAI.

We did use Occupation twice and it just don't cut it for pve! There be ok for pvp were you want them pretty much non-existent.

Edited by Sgt Smash

8 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

Ocuupation vehicles do blow up its maybe your settings need to be changed

But thats not the only problem as i said above and there is more that can be added to the list, there just not cut out for a good pve experience, almost all pve servers that have ai have A3XAI for a reason.

Edited by Sgt Smash

any solution against god-mode AI when using A3XAI? thats the only reason i´ve kicked A3XAI from my server :-/

a3xai hasnt been updated since the beginning of 2016  Ocuupation can be adjusted to suit your server and i use it as i have a pve server

1 hour ago, towatai said:

any solution against god-mode AI when using A3XAI? thats the only reason i´ve kicked A3XAI from my server :-/

I've found that you need to make sure ai don't spawn too close to safe zones.  This helps to reduce it, but we still see a few occasionally.

1 person likes this

_aiunit allowDamage true;
_aiunit removeAllEventHandlers 'HandleDamage';
:P

1 person likes this

Advertisement