M.Taylor

Ideas(if possible)

9 posts in this topic

What's up guys, so I had an idea and wanted some input to see. (If at all possible) was looking into making a tfar enabled server for Exile to 1 have better communication and a more realistic atmosphere with the possibility of hearing one another talk. As said if its possible just haven't put much research yet into it. However wanted some input for the exile community about it. Would it be worth investing time into and attempting to build a community off of it or just a waste of time? Thanks !!

Once the RC gets out, @zisb and I will continue working on our project, which does encourage people to use TFAR, however it's not required, but if you wish to use it, you can. I think it's bad practise to say like: YOU HAVE TO USE IT, in that way you'll limit your playerbase. :)

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, ka0s said:

Once the RC gets out, @zisb and I will continue working on our project, which does encourage people to use TFAR, however it's not required, but if you wish to use it, you can. I think it's bad practise to say like: YOU HAVE TO USE IT, in that way you'll limit your playerbase. :)

That was one thought from my team. But we also feel it would possible help from a roleplay aspect instead of always shoot em up.

To jump onto what @ka0s said, I think that TFAR is definitely posible, but best off left optional. Some people just simply don't want to use it, others just really really suck at anything technical and won't be able to install it...... 

I appreciate the input guys! We are thinking about making a basic Exile server with weapon mods then once community grows have a server with TFAR required (Separate) and will be whitelisted? 

On 5/31/2016 at 2:40 PM, M.Taylor said:

I appreciate the input guys! We are thinking about making a basic Exile server with weapon mods then once community grows have a server with TFAR required (Separate) and will be whitelisted? 

Don't let anyone talk you out of it. TFAR is on A3L and if you're not on the TS I don't believe it even does anything. We have way too many servers that are afraid to take risks because the server owners think nobody would want to use X feature or mod.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Surefire said:

Don't let anyone talk you out of it. TFAR is on A3L and if you're not on the TS I don't believe it even does anything. We have way too many servers that are afraid to take risks because the server owners think nobody would want to use X feature or mod.

Not trying to talk him out of it, just letting him know the risks! I know @ka0s and I will definitely be using it, hopefully it encourages people to  have a chat with eachother

1 person likes this

All in all, its 100% possible to do it and yea some MAY like it. Most will, most wont. But make sure you tell players they must be in teamspeak in order to play. Cause TFAR does require you to be in the TaskForceRadio channel in teamspeak. But it should open up a whole new play style.

9 hours ago, Surefire said:

We're not talking anybody out of it, however one should keep in mind that if you put a mod like this as required, you'll limit your playerbase massively, because:

1. People are not bothered to sit on a public TS channel (in most cases, they want direct VOIP with their team mates.)
2. As @zisb mentioned, some people just can't figure out how to follow a very simple installation manual. 

On 31/5/2016 at 8:40 PM, M.Taylor said:

It's a good idea, however keep this in mind, do not think about whitelisted servers before you have a solid playerbase, otherwise you'll wound up with running a empty server. :) Ask your community, and get their insight before making any major decisions.

2 people like this

Advertisement