Xtortion

[SOLVED] ErrorMessage - Member already defined

Question

Posted (edited)

Hiya folks - So I was editing my traders to add a bunch more CUP Vehicles, I already had some but wanted some more. So I edited everything

After that I noticed I had some duplicates and I fixed that but after that this error kept coming back:

ErrorMessage: File xxxx\TRADERS\CUPV\ItemListCUPV.hpp, line 275: /CfgExileArsenal.CUP_O_MI6T_CHDKZ: Member already defined.

Weird thing is. I looked into that file and even completely deleted it there and also from the Category file and also rechecked if I perhaps had something in my config.cpp but there's completely nothing in my mission file that calls out for this vehicle anymore. It's like completely gone as I got rid of it when it kept giving me these Error messages.

I even tried to use my backup on the point where it all still worked and for some reason I keep getting this.

The exact same error on the exact same line (even though that part ain't even on the line..

Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance already

Edited by Xtortion

8 answers to this question

Hello,

This error is probably the most commonly asked question related to traders.

The error actually helps a lot. It means that in the Trader FOLDER for CUP vehicles "ItemListCUPV" has "CUP_O_MI6T_CHDKZ" listed twice, OR it is listed in another file.

I suggest opening EVERY SINGLE ItemListXXXX file in notepad++ and do a "search in all open documents" for CUP_O_MI6T_CHDKZ. This will lead you to your problem. I would bet its in Community vehicles. But that's a 100% guess.

hope this helps

Josh

1 person likes this

Hey @GamersRoost 

First of all, thanks for your answer!

Secondly - I've actually been looking through every file and I cannot find a single line that is saying anything about '  CUP_O_MI6T_CHDKZ  ' Not anything in my trader folder nor anything in my mission file. I had it before and I completely deleted it but for some reason the error still pops up and I'm just pretty much empty handed right now not knowing what to do as the error makes completely no sense right now as I don't have it anymore.

Advertisement

I know this will rub the wrong way, but it is definitely there.

This may sound cheeky, but i don't mean it that way... Have you opened all the files in your "trader" folders and used the "find" feature in NotePad++ to look in all open files for CUP_O_MI6T_CHDKZ ? This will certainly show the duplication.

Otherwise, pack up you trader folder using 7zip and send  a link over i will look myself. It's definitely there.

Posted (edited)

@GamersRoost - Totally not rubbing it in the wrong way! 

I am using Notepad++ to look for any duplicate on that file and I actually completely removed it (to my seeing) together with the rest of the MI6T vehicles (Just to make sure lol) I also used Window Search to look into the folder + Texts for any other files that include it and just nothing that could be found.

However - I will send you the .ZIP and perhaps you would be able to find something in it.

Would be highly appreciated.

Thankss :) !

//Check your PM please ^^ 

Edited by Xtortion

Posted (edited)

Just to update this, 

We didn't find a solution to this yet. There's nothing of that file in the Config.CPP nor any in any of the TRADER folders I got. I also didn't mess with anything else either.

Now I also even went back to my original PBO where everything still worked and weirdly enough I'm getting the SAME error.

How's this even possible ? I'm completely lost here.

Edited by Xtortion
1 person likes this

@red_ned

Although, certainly not your mod error. This one is VERY strange.

I have the trader files and not only is it not listed twice, it is not listed anywhere!

Not in the Config, its including CfgTraders.hpp and its not in there either. Very confusing.

What say you?

Josh

1 person likes this

@GamersRoost / @red_ned

I am so sorry guys. I've made the biggest mistake you can think of and I'm absolutely ashamed for it lol.

Although I don't even know how I did this - But for some magical reason I apparently accidentally dropped my Mission PBO also in my @ExileSever > Addon. Might've happened when I was messing with my a3_customs and maybe by mistake I copied this as well to the server without knowing I did.

I've been at this for hours now wondering what the hell happened and why it's calling out a file that I don't have, but apparently all this time it was loading from the @ExileServer as I had my PBO there too..

Again I'm sorry and the issue is solved xD - Server is up and running without any problems now lol.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Xtortion said:

@GamersRoost / @red_ned

I am so sorry guys. I've made the biggest mistake you can think of and I'm absolutely ashamed for it lol.

Although I don't even know how I did this - But for some magical reason I apparently accidentally dropped my Mission PBO also in my @ExileSever > Addon. Might've happened when I was messing with my a3_customs and maybe by mistake I copied this as well to the server without knowing I did.

I've been at this for hours now wondering what the hell happened and why it's calling out a file that I don't have, but apparently all this time it was loading from the @ExileServer as I had my PBO there too..

Again I'm sorry and the issue is solved xD - Server is up and running without any problems now lol.

I knew IT! haha.. I cant tell you the times i have edited the wrong PBO and thought for SURE i had repacked it.

I am so glad this is fixed. If it says its there, its certainly there.

Can you mark this as "[SOLVED]" in the title ?

So glad its fixed.

Josh.

Advertisement