SaintZ

Vilayer Map Change Help

15 posts in this topic

I have a Vilayer server and want to change my map from Altis to Chernarus. I've gone through the forums and done everything that the tutorials have told me to do but

nothing is working :'(

Honestly I would rather have Esseker but that is probably much more complicated ( wouldn't mind help with Chernarus or Essker)

Things I did:

1.) Installed AllinArmATerrainPack from mods section of ACPlayer. (Vilayers little extra mod install section)

2.) added launcher parameter of @AllinArmATerrainPack to client area of server management (pretty much like using start.bat but Vilayer is weird)

3.) changed config.cfg to mirror mission change (Exile.Altis to Exile.Chernarus)

4.) uploaded Exile.Chernarus.pbo in custom_pbo folder

5.) Put bikey in my "keys" folder.

Did I miss something? would love the help.

I wish someone would help on this subject, I have tried to enable this map to no avail.  I am not the most experienced scripter so could be doing something wrong as I dont fully understand the system as a whole..... I have winged it well thus far but this ones beating me.

Ill update should I ever solve it.

However looking for help with GTXgaming my hosts is futile, they arent even answering emails currently.

Good luck man :)

Edited by JAWS

Advertisement

I'm also having the same problem. I can't seem to get it to work. Following the steps from the above poster I just get kicked off the server... Anyone had any luck with this?

hey guys I have a fix for you, in vilayer on the ACPlayer you will see something that says server management, click that.

Once the screen loads you will see a dropdown that says "Access Level" -  Switch it to "Advanced"

Next you will see a drop down that says "Malloc Type"    -  switch it to the one that says (recommended)

Next, at the very bottom you will see where it says Basic.cfg   -    Switch that to "Custom"

Now on to how to get your maps going using launch paramaters

you'll need to place the paramaters for the map you want in the "Add Client Mods" area

For example, if you're running something like....esseker that needs both @Esseker and @AllinArmATerrainPack you would simply

write in the client area @AllinArmaTerrainPack;@Esseker

Same with any server side mods you have. just @mod;@moremods just remember to use ; to separate mods

Now all u need to do is press Execute at the top of the screen and wait until it says it is safe to close the window. Done, restart server and have fun.

Yay I wrote my first tutorial!!

I have a Vilayer server and want to change my map from Altis to Chernarus. I've gone through the forums and done everything that the tutorials have told me to do but

nothing is working :'(

Honestly I would rather have Esseker but that is probably much more complicated ( wouldn't mind help with Chernarus or Essker)

Things I did:

1.) Installed AllinArmATerrainPack from mods section of ACPlayer. (Vilayers little extra mod install section)

2.) added launcher parameter of @AllinArmATerrainPack to client area of server management (pretty much like using start.bat but Vilayer is weird)

3.) changed config.cfg to mirror mission change (Exile.Altis to Exile.Chernarus)

4.) uploaded Exile.Chernarus.pbo in custom_pbo folder

5.) Put bikey in my "keys" folder.

Did I miss something? would love the help.

When you did step 3.) changed config.cfg to mirror mission change (Exile.Altis to Exile.Chernarus)

Did yours look like this?

class Missions
{
    class Exile { 

template = Exile.Esseker;      
                difficulty = "ExileRegular";
    };
};

As i've tried 

and also

template = exile_51307.altis;

and neither of them work, whenever I include Esseker, the server doesn't show up on the Arma 3 server list.

Thanks In advance.

Edited by No Skill.
More Detail

Fixed my issue, rather than uploading the PBO in a folder I just uploaded in the PBO format and it works fine.

1 person likes this

Guys, one thing extra I have noticed about vilayer is sometimes.....for some reason...your big changes (name and map) don't always take effect very fast. What I do now is I will lock the server until I see it through remote on arma. Just so if there are any problems ill be able to fix it without people rushing in. Oh and when I said you could use a PBO or folder I didn't mean put the pbo in the folder lol. or are you saying you put the pbo outside of custom_pbo and it still worked? if so that's weird but hey whatever works.

Guys, one thing extra I have noticed about vilayer is sometimes.....for some reason...your big changes (name and map) don't always take effect very fast. What I do now is I will lock the server until I see it through remote on arma. Just so if there are any problems ill be able to fix it without people rushing in. Oh and when I said you could use a PBO or folder I didn't mean put the pbo in the folder lol. or are you saying you put the pbo outside of custom_pbo and it still worked? if so that's weird but hey whatever works.

No, I had the PBO contents inside of custom_pbo and it didn't work so instead of just using the contents, I put the PBO in, and that fixed it.

What would the config look like for australia?

{
    class Exile { 

template = Exile.australia;      
    };
};

or is this wrong?

Advertisement