zisb

IMPORTANT Teamviewer Security Breach

16 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

I am posting this in general because it affects pretty much every exile player that I know personally, plus it is a well visited sub-forum. I would even suggest putting this in the announcements.

IF YOU HAVE TEAMVIEWER INSTALLED PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THESE LINKS BELOW, ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS COULD BE COMPROMISED

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4m7ay6/teamviewer_has_been_hacked_they_are_denying/

https://www.reddit.com/r/teamviewer/comments/4m7nt2/easy_way_to_see_if_your_account_was_accessed/

https://www.reddit.com/r/teamviewer/comments/4m5t8e/if_you_were_hacked_look_in_the_teamviewer_logs/

Guys please take the time to check through everything, this is a pretty serious breach and I just really don't anyone to be affected by it :$ and once you have gone through it all, remember to delete team viewer and warn you mates about the issue. 

Good Luck,

zisb

5 people like this

Advertisement
16 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

What is teamviewer?

A very popular Remote Desktop App.

1 person likes this

FYI; 

Teamviewer was warned about this several times, for example my brother which uses literally a uncrackable password, his machine was taken over one day through Teamviewer, he warned their support department, they just said "meh..." and did nothing at all to prevent it. 

#BoycottTeamviewer 

1 person likes this

A quick Tip: Over past weeks i have noticed emails from teamviewer requesting remote access to my machines or as they call it: "unattended access"

NEVER click the links no matter what. Always go through there own site yourself to check if it is legitimate. If so DENY access and as a precaution remove any computer on your teamviewer account.

Stay safe :)

9 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

A very popular Remote Desktop App.

I'm just curious because zisb said "it affects pretty much every exile player that I know". What are Exile players using it for?

23 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm just curious because zisb said "it affects pretty much every exile player that I know". What are Exile players using it for?

A lot of people use it for support. Say you have a player on your server that gets kicked constantly and he's not that good with computers or just can't figure out why. Some server admins will take a look for the player remotely with TeamViewer. Or at least have helped players using team viewer in the past.

4 minutes ago, Shix said:

A lot of people use it for support. Say you have a player on your server that gets kicked constantly and he's not that good with computers or just can't figure out why. Some server admins will take a look for the player remotely with TeamViewer. Or at least have helped players using team viewer in the past.

So people allow other people that they don't know to remotely access their computers and they are surprised when this happens? I bet those call centers in India and the Philippines love them.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

So people allow other people that they don't know to remotely access their computers and they are surprised when this happens? I bet those call centers in India and the Philippines love them.

Yeah pretty much, I would guess I have helped 100+ people that I had never met before with TeamViewer in the past. I guess if a server admin screws you over it will give their server a bad name. But yeah it's kinda risky.

2 people like this

Advertisement