Mr Health And Safety

Removing default Exile trader citys

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to make some custom traders for the Australia map and know how to move the traders (initPlayerLocal.sqf) but cant seem to work out where the file containing the additional items around the traders (initServer.sqf) is called from as its commented out in initPlayerLocal.sqf

Spoiler

// Taken away for now
//#include "initServer.sqf"

I have tried renaming initServer.sqf to initServer1.sqf in the hope that it would show a error in the RPT log but all that is shown regardless of the file name is "default/BIS_fnc_log: [script] initServer.sqf"

I have also tried searching for any file that contains initServer.sqf and all it shows is initPlayerLocal.sqf

As a last attempt to try and track it down i also searched for a couple of items from the trader city area to see what files they was in and there only in initServer.sqf and intro.sqf

Spoiler

Search locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@ExileServerAustralia\addons\exile_server
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@ExileServerAustralia\addons\exile_server_config
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\mpmissions\Exile.Australia
F:\Master Files\@Exile-0.9.61-SP1

Searching 765 files for "Land_Bricks_V4_F"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\mpmissions\Exile.Australia\initServer.sqf:
  110:     ["Land_Bricks_V4_F",[14580.1,16754.1,0],309.091,0,0,false],

1 match in 1 file

Searching 765 files for "Exile_Sign_TraderCity"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\mpmissions\Exile.Australia\initServer.sqf:
  142:     ["Exile_Sign_TraderCity",[14554.8,16906.4,0.0827427],132.273,0,0,false],
  306:     ["Exile_Sign_TraderCity",[2989.89,18177.6,2.38465],269.091,0,0,false],
  342:     ["Exile_Sign_TraderCity",[23329.3,24201.1,1.04392],182.727,0,0,false],

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\mpmissions\Exile.Australia\intro.sqf:
   32:     ["Exile_Sign_TraderCity",[29546.8,1517.4,189.039],272,0,0,false],

4 matches across 2 files

Just before posting this I did have a thought that maybe initServer.sqf and initPlayerLocal.sqf dont need to be called from anywhere just like init.sqf but thought it was best to check first as its been a long time since i did any thing like this (last time was Epoch for ARMA 2 before exile was even released!)

initServer.sqf is automatically loaded now and is not required to be called from initPlayerLocal.sqf so anything in initServer.sqf is being loaded on your server.

Advertisement

Buildings can also be added server side as well but I'm sure you'd know if you had added some :D

Thanks guys. I feel so stupid having to ask lol.

Yeah normally i run any custom map edits server side to stop them being stolen so will probably do the same with the traders with the exception of the actual people as I'm guessing there client side to speed up access.

2 hours ago, Mr Health And Safety said:

Thanks guys. I feel so stupid having to ask lol.

Yeah normally i run any custom map edits server side to stop them being stolen so will probably do the same with the traders with the exception of the actual people as I'm guessing there client side to speed up access.

Just keep in mind that for some reason, server side objects sometimes shift. I haven't seen this problem when putting the objects client sided. See this post to see what I mean:

Advertisement