KevinP

Battleye RCon Issue

15 posts in this topic

I have recently set up a server on my Windows Server 2008 R2 Dedicated Server. The game server itself runs fine and normal but I am having issues with Battleye.

I have tried setting up RCon with RConPort and RConPassword, and I can confirm Battleye is initialized (server feed) and that the config file is being pulled (renames to beserver_active***.cfg) or something along those lines. However, the connection fails when connecting with any RCon tool. I have tried running RCon tools locally, using the local address and externally over IPv4. I have tried many things and seeked support already elsewhere but this issue is a mystery to me.

Another thing I noticed is when in game (logged in with admin password), running BE commands such as #version and #bans show no response. My current theory is that the issue is related to BE itself, and not the network / configuration, but I am unsure.

beserver.cfg:

RCONPassword example
RCONPort 2309

What I have tried:

• Updating/Validating server files.
  • Connecting Locally
  • Adding port exceptions to the firewall.
  • Updating Battleye files.
  • Using RConIP as 127.0.0.1 and connecting locally, same with the external address connecting on the local / external machine.

What I am using:

• TADST
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • OVH Network
  • XAMPP (handling SQL server / not really relevant)

I am out of ideas for this issue now and if anyone can assist me with this it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin.

File needs to look like this..

RConPassword passwordhere
MaxPing 600 (dont work at the moment)
RConIP changetoserverip
RConPort 2306

Advertisement
7 minutes ago, AshleyIn1080p said:

File needs to look like this..

RConPassword passwordhere
MaxPing 600 (dont work at the moment)
RConIP changetoserverip
RConPort 2306

Tried adjusting all of that, tried copying yours exactly and still nothing.

23 minutes ago, AshleyIn1080p said:

Weird, thats how mine is and works fine.

I don't think the issue is related to the config tbh

Well, I dont use the RConPort bit in the config, doesn't seem to work for me. I use 127.0.0.1 for the IP. I have tried the actual IP but that just breaks it for me. And I can only connect locally ie. Dart only works if it is running from the dedi and connecting locally. Are you using Win 10 on your home pc?

3 hours ago, AshleyIn1080p said:

Only thing i can think of is, you sure you have port open on UDP?

Yes, I do.

3 hours ago, oSoDirty said:

Well, I dont use the RConPort bit in the config, doesn't seem to work for me. I use 127.0.0.1 for the IP. I have tried the actual IP but that just breaks it for me. And I can only connect locally ie. Dart only works if it is running from the dedi and connecting locally. Are you using Win 10 on your home pc?

Not sure what you mean, but when it comes to the config I've tried everything and tried connecting locally. If you don't use RConPort, what port do you connect on?

You have to have the rcon port defined in the BE config or else you will not be able to connect via an rcon tool. I think normally the rcon port is 3 above the server port, so if your server port is 2302, your rcon port should be 2305.

Advertisement