papahyooie

Message not sent

Question

Hello all,

I've got a single player who simply cannot connect to any Exile server. In fact, he can't seem to connect to any modded server. 

When he tries to connect he gets all the way to allllmost loaded in (sometimes can even hear crickets) but then the screen stays black. Sometimes his game eventually crashes. 

He has redownloaded the game. Redownloaded the mods from every different source and server we can think of. Uninstalled and reinstalled steam. Turned off steam cloud sync. I've even remoted into his desktop to try to help him. Running as admin, both steam and arma 3. I've deleted any database entries connected to him. We've tried everything we can think of short of formatting the computer. 

Any help would be appreciated. Here's the relevant parts of RPT Files: 

Server:

Spoiler

13:16:36 "<infiSTAR.de>ConnectLog| #0 Connected: ScottyXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXXXXX) ID: 10 SteamName:    [17-Mar-2016 10-15-04 - v0042]"
13:16:36 "<infiSTAR.de>TokenLog| TOKEN [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] FOR ScottyXXXXX(XXXXXXXXXXXXX) - 10   [17-Mar-2016 10-15-04 - v0042]"
13:16:36 "ExileServer - Player ScottyXXXXXXX (UID XXXXXXXXXXXXX) connected!"

I've obviously redacted some info for his protection. But notice the top line his SteamName is blank. I have no idea what this could mean. 

Nothing really interesting in his client RPT, though I'll include both full RPT logs. (scratch that, I'll paste almost the whole server rpt... pastebin can't handle a file that big...) 

Client RPT

Server RPT

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! The guy is ready to smash his 4000$ alienware against the wall. :( 

3 answers to this question

most likely to be drivers/OS issue or hardware fault.

Things to try:

Updating all the drivers

try and borrow someone else's GPU and see if that works (faulty GPU maybe?)

try swapping out the RAM

Clean install of the OS and start again from scratch

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, second_coming said:

most likely to be drivers/OS issue or hardware fault.

Things to try:

Updating all the drivers

try and borrow someone else's GPU and see if that works (faulty GPU maybe?)

try swapping out the RAM

Clean install of the OS and start again from scratch

You really think it might be a hardware/driver issue? I considered this myself, but he is able log into "non-mod" servers fine (I.e. koth etc)

Also, I found out in a later RPT he sent me, that he's getting stuck after "starting session."

He never makes it to "requesting character"

Advertisement