Timmay

Safezone Still an Issue? Fresh install, no mods.

Question

Posted (edited)

So are safezones suppose to be fixed or is it an issue still? I thought it was me and my overrides so I wiped our test server, clean installed exile with the latest build and safezones are still a problem. You can kill players inside from shooting them on the outside, you can die from walking into a tail rotor, you can shoot out glass from buildings inside the safezone from outside the safezone and you can easily see blood splatter coming from traders as you shoot them, again from shooting outside the safezone into the safezone. Now what does work is god mod on vehicles and removing your projectile as you shoot, but that seems to be it. I did this with zero mods and a fresh exile build, not setting changes, nothing. I just wiped the db, gave me some tabs and walked my happy as to a trader. Vanilla as vanilla can be. Am I missing something here because I read from Eichi that it was fixed and I think others are assuming it is fixed by just seeing the hint trigger and not being able to shoot players from within the safezone.

@Eichi Yes stock everything, brand new download and nothing changed. For my live what overrides would possibly cause issues? I assume just on enter and on exit safezone? I just had my admin stand in the safezone for a bit and I killed him from outside. I can see blood splatter from traders and destroy glass on the buildings.

Second Reply @Eichi Yes I am, but on that vanilla build I mentioned above it wasn't installed. So with those things working why would I see blood from Traders and die from walking into a helo rotor? Or is that intended and I am just being an idiot?

@Eichi Sorry for taking so long to reply bud and thanks for the info and link and especially thanks for Exile.

Edited by Timmay

1 answer to this question

We have had a handful of servers testing this on complete vanilla to be 100% sure and we were not able to die in the safe zones. You do not mention your mission file - are you using a vanilla mission file or a custom one?

@Timmay Shooting from the outside into the safezone does not remove bullets. So destroying glass by shooting from the outside is normal. You say that vehicle god mode and bullet removing in the safezone are working. That shows that the fix with the map markers is working. Are you, by any chance, running infiSTAR?

@Timmay The only thing that we have not tested is being killed by rotors. I have done that now on our server and I got killed. Then I have tried the same outside a safezone with infiSTAR god mode and got killed. Then I have started Arma without any mods, spawned a chopper in the editor and manually applied god mode to me. Then I have teleported myself 500m into the air to check if god mode is on. I survived. Then I turned on the chopper engine, ejected, ran into the rotor and guess what? I got killed. Will talk to Bohemia :)

EDIT: Reported here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117284

1 person likes this

Advertisement