Skittle

Paying to have Sever set up

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

About 3 weeks ago a group of us set up and exile sever on the cherno map. We had one person dealing with all the files, its not something I have any knowledge of. This one person broke it, and now we are in a mess. The sever is running on a dedicated box, its up and is playable, however, there are problems and the files are a mess and nothing seems to be where is should be. 

I was wondering if there is anyone on here that would be willing to fix it, tidy it up and add a few things. I'm kinda desperate now, having paid out for it all and pulling my hair out for days, 9 hours sleep in 72 hours. 

I'm now even willing to pay someone to fix it 

Edited by Skittle

what do you mean by

files are a mess and nothing seems to be where is should be

Advertisement
9 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

what do you mean by

files are a mess and nothing seems to be where is should be

So our previous "person" added custom buildings to traders, he didn't put them in the buildings folder, we don't know where they are but they are causing a conflict with anything we add now. 

The missions he added seem to be broken and do not always run, he added waves of AI to the cap points and we cant find where to change that. There are files in there that we dont even use, like all in arma. 

Just general slobby work but its causing issues in game -_- 

11 minutes ago, Skittle said:

So our previous "person" added custom buildings to traders, he didn't put them in the buildings folder, we don't know where they are but they are causing a conflict with anything we add now. 

The missions he added seem to be broken and do not always run, he added waves of AI to the cap points and we cant find where to change that. There are files in there that we dont even use, like all in arma. 

Just general slobby work but its causing issues in game -_- 

not good mate for the building have alook inside the initServer.sqf is where you can have building of its on a subfolder that goes into the @exileserver folder

yeah that is where we have added ours, but the previous person we had doing it all wont tell us where he put them and they aint in there :@ We are tearing out hair out 

when we add our own custom buildings now, only some of them show up so i'm guessing they are clashing with what ever he has done. We are literally at the point now where we should just pull the plug I guess. We now want to start from fresh but this is all new to us and we dont really know what we are doing. Our other person was supposed to show us but didn't show us jack and a friend of ours did take a look at the files as he was going to fix it for us but even he said its a mess and he cant work with it 

Take the time to learn how to make a server because you're gonna have a hell of a time when the patch hits every single time. Arma is not that hard to get setup honestly if you follow directions

26 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

Take the time to learn how to make a server because you're gonna have a hell of a time when the patch hits every single time. Arma is not that hard to get setup honestly if you follow directions

Yeah we would have but we were not given the chance really, someone who was meant to know what they were doing was setting it up and it was running fine, all was well till he messed it up and left us in a huge mess with no idea how to fix it. 

So now were trying to learn as we go 

If the buildings were added previously and they're not client side or in server side addons folder. Try looking in exile_server or exile_server_config pbo's. I've had to add them that way when using xcam sometimes. What AI/Mission system are you using?

Advertisement