MudBone

Teleporting / Warping back or ahead?

Question

Posted (edited)

Several of our players are reporting being warped or teleported back, or ahead, after a brief freeze in their game play.  I have asked them to let me know if its back to a location they have already been at. I have also asked them to open the map, click on players, and check their name to see if they are showing any desync. Is there a recommended method for troubleshooting this type of issue? Something I can monitor or logs I can check? Its happened to at least 6 players in the last 2 days, myself included.

Edited by MudBone

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

If you're running a map that InfiStar anti-tp doesn't support and you have Anti-TP enabled. That's your issue.

should log it for him tho and let him know

I've seen many custom scripts using profileNameSpace on server side to save/load information instead of using extDB and a database
When doing that, you get A LOT of lag and desync.. looks like teleporting vehicles as well

So if you modded your server away from stock Exile, please check your added custom addons as they may cause the trouble you got

Also you could probably just go on your server and remove the profile vars file if it more than 1 KB of size ^^

4 people like this

If you're running a map that InfiStar anti-tp doesn't support and you have Anti-TP enabled. That's your issue.

1 person likes this

Possible things I can imagine:

• "Desync" or network lag. Arma interpolates or extrapolates positions of network entities based on position updates, like every other multiplayer game. If some network updates do not arrive in time, the engine starts extrapolating the position based on "old" position updates, to calculate a more or less plausible position of the player as of now. A simplified explanation of this is: Bob flies a straight line from Munich to Hamburg in 100 ms. Where will Bob be in 500ms? Besides Bob being fucking fast, he will probably be somewhere around the north pole. If there is network lag, the player does not tell the server where he is, so Arma has to guess.
  • Anti Teleport / Speed Hack. I know that @infiSTAR has a such a mechanism to prevent people from speeding over the map, but I do not know the details.

You describe a game freeze, so I think the first applies.

1 person likes this

Advertisement