ynpMOOSE

HostHavoc - slow server restart

19 posts in this topic

We recently switched to HostHavoc and our restarts are taking way longer than before. Total restart is about 12 minutes.  Looking at the log, ~4500 Constructions is taking 5m20s+ and 189 Vehicles is taking 2m. Is this expected? Any improvement suggestions?

Thats likely down to the fact they don't have mysql on the same server as the gameservers, our restart times are no-where near that long because we keep everything local :) 

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, ynpMOOSE said:

We recently switched to HostHavoc and our restarts are taking way longer than before. Total restart is about 12 minutes.  Looking at the log, ~4500 Constructions is taking 5m20s+ and 189 Vehicles is taking 2m. Is this expected? Any improvement suggestions?

I use them as well and yes it takes a little time to load up, but considering the support we get from them, nearly instant reply for issues, etc not to mention how they take care of customers when issues arise (LA servers went down for a day off an on and they gave us a free month to compensate for the inconvenience.) We are sticking with them for a bit (currently running two servers). If you submit a ticket about it, you do have an option to interconnect the database and server but you would have to essentially set the database up yourself. As for the details as to how that works you would have to ask them.

Edited by Timmay
1 person likes this

If host havoc offered a service of installing mods for Arma 3 I'd use them in a heartbeat as they are by far the best gsp in the business. Used them for ark and never had a single hiccup. Also use them for ts.

6 hours ago, ArchAngelOfDeath said:

If host havoc offered a service of installing mods for Arma 3 I'd use them in a heartbeat as they are by far the best gsp in the business. Used them for ark and never had a single hiccup. Also use them for ts.

Agreed. There restart times are instant with me, I do not see why you are having issues.

And I also agree that they are the best provider. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, z3sp said:

Agreed. There restart times are instant with me, I do not see why you are having issues.

Hmm, are you paying for the upgraded CPU priority? Does it make that much of a difference?

@z3sp Where is your server located?

@ynpMOOSE  Nothing to do with that, as QGS suggestion is has everything to do with the database being remote. You see it yourself in the log, everything is quick to load up until you get to the part where it starts loading the information from the database, loading constructions, etc. And again, as I said above, they have options if you so wish. One being setting up a local (to your server) database but you lose all the functionality and convenience of the click and log in of PHPMyAdmin and you have to set the database up from scratch yourself.

9 hours ago, Timmay said:

@z3sp Where is your server located?

@ynpMOOSE  Nothing to do with that, as QGS suggestion is has everything to do with the database being remote. You see it yourself in the log, everything is quick to load up until you get to the part where it starts loading the information from the database, loading constructions, etc. And again, as I said above, they have options if you so wish. One being setting up a local (to your server) database but you lose all the functionality and convenience of the click and log in of PHPMyAdmin and you have to set the database up from scratch yourself.

France, EU

10 hours ago, ynpMOOSE said:

Hmm, are you paying for the upgraded CPU priority? Does it make that much of a difference?

Nope, Id get in touch with them to see if it is anything on their end. 

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, z3sp said:

France, EU

Going to assume you have a database local to you, where in NA we don't. I traced the database to Quebec, and my server is in Los Angeles. It takes my server about 9 minutes to start. In fact if you don't mind could you trace your DB location and let me know?

@ynpMOOSE

Where is your server located?

Edited by Timmay

Advertisement