g0thic_ice_cre

Ideas for local vehicle check...

7 posts in this topic

I wrote a deploy bike and kart script (plus pack), but they're created locally. I want to keep the infiSTAR local vehicle check turned on, so I had to add something to block the local vehicle check if it's one of my spawned bikes or karts. I really don't like having to alter the infiSTAR code since it requires me to start merging every time there's a release, I have to do a lot of that with A2 releases since I heavily customized infiSTAR for DayZ Epoch lol.

Any way there could be something implemented for this? If not that's kewl, thought I'd toss it out there.

I'm adding 3 variables to my spawned bikes and karts, SpawnedBike (SpawnedKart), lastUpdate and playeruid. I check the variable for SpawnedBike and SpawnedKart in the AH code so skip the local vehicle check.

Advertisement

It checks to see if a vehicle was created locally on the client and kicks them. Very good to check, many hackers spawn their own vehicles in, supply boxes etc.

are your vehicles spawned "locally" e.g. createVehicleLocal or are they spawned by the client but they are global vehicles?

just wondering

because if they're global vehicles anyways, you could just add a publicVariableEventhandler on the server side and have your client fire a publicVariableServer  to it and create the vehicle

then the check can still run and the vehicle will be created by the server

13 minutes ago, infiSTAR said:

are your vehicles spawned "locally" e.g. createVehicleLocal or are they spawned by the client but they are global vehicles?

just wondering

because if they're global vehicles anyways, you could just add a publicVariableEventhandler on the server side and have your client fire a publicVariableServer  to it and create the vehicle

then the check can still run and the vehicle will be created by the server

I was just thinking about that today reading a thread about vehicle spawn points at the trader. I might check to see if there's a non-persistent vehicle spawn script already in exile, if not have the server spawn it. I'm using createvehicle so its global. Basically just ported the spawn bike script from a2 epoch, some modification for exile. I'm fairly new to exile scripting.

Good point though, I will probably follow your suggestion if there's not already a mechanism for that. Less I have to mod infistar the better lol

yeah and it's just much more secure :)

I mean what's the point of having an anti-hack when people want me to remove more and more things from being checked again^^

1 person likes this

For reference, instead of using a publicvariableserver call, you can add class ExileServer_object_vehicle_createNonPersistentVehicle { allowedTargets=2; }; to CfgRemoteExec, make sure you update your battleye filters for the specific calls such as: 
!="[\"Exile_Bike_MountainBike\", _position, _dir, true] remoteexec [\"ExileServer_object_vehicle_createNonPersistentVehicle\"];"

Then use:
    ["Exile_Bike_MountainBike", _position, _dir, true] remoteexec ["ExileServer_object_vehicle_createNonPersistentVehicle"];
    sleep 1;
//this is just so you have a variable containing the spawned item if you need it
//remoteexec does not pass back the vehicle created as the result of  the execution
    _object = (nearestobjects[_position,["Exile_Bike_MountainBike"],5]) select 0;

Advertisement