BetterDeadThanZed

Vehicles spawning outside of the map

13 posts in this topic

I'm working on a Takistan server and I noticed that I have a lot of vehicles that are spawning well outside of the map. Is there a setting someplace where I should set the size of the map?

Advertisement

If I found a setting in that file that I thought affected the vehicles spawning outside of the map I never would have posted this topic on the first place. I've looked through that file and found nothing that would cause vehicles to spawn outside of the map. 

the radius is set for 2200 that is for altis you need to know what tavinia radius is

If I was running Taviana, I would but I'm running Takistan. :)

It's my understanding that "vehiclesGridAmount" determines how many vehicles will spawn within "vehiclesGridSize" but I see nothing that dictates how many grids there are on a map or a setting that sets the total number of vehicles to spawn, which would cause more to spawn outside of the map. Maybe I misunderstand the settings.

Edited by BetterDeadThan

If I was running Taviana, I would but I'm running Takistan. :)

It's my understanding that "vehiclesGridAmount" determines how many vehicles will spawn within "vehiclesGridSize" but I see nothing that dictates how many grids there are on a map or a setting that sets the total number of vehicles to spawn, which would cause more to spawn outside of the map. Maybe I misunderstand the settings.

I found a edit on here for spawning on map, it was for esseker - i put on bornholm and it stopped them spawning in the water off the map

Lower the grid size

Is there a guide or a formula for determining what the grid size should be or is it just adjust and hope?

Lowering the vehiclesGridSize only made MORE vehicles spawn (A TON of them!) but there's still vehicles spawning outside of the map.

Well crap :D

According to ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles.sqf:

_mapCenterKindaButNotReally = (getArray(configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "CenterPosition"));

It should be using worldName to dictate the center point.

Advertisement