JackFrost

Fishing is close just need a hand

13 posts in this topic

I'm working on a exile fishing mod but thanks to the update I'm been held back. I have made custom 3d models to work with the mod this includes images fish/Rod and all, Now I just need to find someone that knows a small script that will detect water and bring up a menu when Rod is in bag. I know of a mod called "Arma III Fishing" but I would rather this one be on it's own for exile hopefully Dev team may have an idea.

Image here is a sample of a fishing Rod and fish models.
fishyTEST_CZ.thumb.jpg.c35cd7f565a589664

6 people like this

Ill call the DayZ standalone devs. maybe rocket can help..

Advertisement
13 hours ago, Metalman10 said:

Ill call the DayZ standalone devs. maybe rocket can help..

I'm having a play with surfaceIsWater  checks in a loop it's bit buggy has to be a better way then having a loop going all time.

1 person likes this

You can have it like do if has a fishing pole run check if within x amount of meters from water??

that might help?

58 minutes ago, Metalman10 said:

You can have it like do if has a fishing pole run check if within x amount of meters from water??

that might help?

Agreed, easiest way, just to do a check if xplayer is 1-2 meters away from surfaceType then do. 

My badhttps://community.bistudio.com/wiki/surfaceIsWater this is what you want to look at. :)

1 person likes this

and PLEASE dont use a loop. use the exileclient thread as your loop check :)

Yeah exileclient thread is what I was looking at today I got better idea now what I need and basics in place. so far you guys been a big help :) 

2 people like this

ok here is what I came up with using my custom items.

//add to custom code shows when in water
FishingAction = player addAction ["GO FISHING!", "script\fishing.sqf", [], -1, false, false, "", "surfaceIsWater position player"]; 

//make file called fishing.sqf and add
/*
 Basic fishing script for exiel by JackFrost 12th June 2016
 NOTE: I use custom models in my server you will need to edit Custom_Item_Meat & Custom_Item_Rod to somthing else.
 Items must be in backpack for this to work.
*/

if (("Custom_Item_Meat" in backpackItems player) && ("Custom_Item_Rod" in backpackItems player)) then {
				disableUserInput true; //lock user to stop exploiting
        	["<t color='#ff9900' size = '.5'>Good Luck!</t>",-1,-1,4,1,0,789] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
	        player removeAction FishingAction;
            sleep 8;
            randomFish = random 5;
            player removeItem "Custom_Item_Meat";					
if (randomFish > 2) then {
["<t color='#ff9900' size = '.5'>YOU GOT ONE!</t>",-1,-1,4,1,0,789] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
player addItem "Custom_Item_TunaRaw";
}else{ 
["<t color='#ff9900' size = '.5'>It got away!</t>",-1,-1,4,1,0,789] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
 //no fish lost bait
};
sleep 1;	
		disableUserInput false; //unlock user
        FishingAction = player addAction ["GO FISHING!", "script\fishing.sqf", [], -1, false, false, "", "(surfaceIsWater position player)"];				
    } else { 
        	["<t color='#ff9900' size = '.5'>Bait is needed!!<br /> You need a Fishing Rod and Meat to fish</t>",-1,-1,4,1,0,789] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
    };

Advertisement