bob12345678910

Third person in exile mod "plum"

Question

I have not been able to access the third person POV while running the exile mod offline and online.  I check my controls and it seems to be set,  but does not work when I activate it.  When I run vanilla arma,  I can access the third person fine.  I can't figure out what it might be.  

8 answers to this question

Edit your server cfg file:

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
	class Exile
	{
		template = Exile.Altis;
		difficulty = "Custom"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
	}; 
};

Then in your "ARMA3PROFILE" file, put this, adjusting the settings to your liking. "thirdPersonView=1;" allows you to use third person, of course:

difficulty="Custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
	class CustomDifficulty
	{
		class Options
		{
			groupIndicators=2;
			friendlyTags=0;
			enemyTags=0;
			detectedMines=0;
			commands=1;
			waypoints=2;
			weaponInfo=1;
			stanceIndicator=1;
			reducedDamage=0;
			staminaBar=0;
			weaponCrosshair=1;
			visionAid=0;
			thirdPersonView=1;
			cameraShake=1;
			scoreTable=1;
			deathMessages=1;
			vonID=1;
			mapContent=0;
			autoReport=0;
			multipleSaves=0;
		};
		aiLevelPreset=2;
	};
	class CustomAILevel
	{
		skillAI=1;
		precisionAI=0;
	};
};
singleVoice=0;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
sceneComplexity=1000000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=3800;
preferredObjectViewDistance=3200;
terrainGrid=3.125;
volumeCD=10;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=10;
volumeVoN=10;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

Thanks.  will this work for exile mode offline as well though?  I does it even offline.

Advertisement

Hi again,

Thank you for responding to my problem, but this does not work for me.  I think your solution would fix someone who is running their own exile server,  but im running exile on other servers and offline and having this issue of not being able to toggle view between third person and first.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Posted (edited)

Whats happens when you try?  Do you briefly get third person and it flicks back or nothing at all?

Double check your settings.  At the main Arma menu go to Configure - Game - Difficulty, scroll down to view and check the 3rd person box is ticked.

Edited by StonedReality

14 hours ago, bob12345678910 said:

Hi again,

Thank you for responding to my problem, but this does not work for me.  I think your solution would fix someone who is running their own exile server,  but im running exile on other servers and offline and having this issue of not being able to toggle view between third person and first.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Oh, I thought you were the one running the server. Are you sure the server has 3rd person enabled? Just check your Arma 3's key binds to see which key is for 1st/3rd person toggle.

Yeah the server has third person disabled,  but this happens even offline.  If i'm in the editor and I am walking around with a soldier (exile mod enabled) I can't toggle view at all.  It is very strange.  I thought I had the wrong version,  but it is up to date.

Third person is enabled in my settings as well, and if i take the exile mod off and run vanilla arma, third person is accessed.

bob did you ever fix this issue? I am getting this exact problem in potato. I didn't touch arma for 3 days and simply joined an exile server. Now I can't toggle view while exile mod is loaded. Works fine with no mods.

Advertisement