Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
z3sp

Server Mods? Client Mods?

Question

Okay, 

I have run in to some issues on my server. I seem to either be overcomplicating what goes where in regards to the startup parameters regarding Server Mods and Mods.

I am trying to install the following

Namalsk, Exile, CBA_A3, CUP Units, CUP Vehicles, CUP Weapons, CUP Terrains - Map and CUP Terrains - Core.

I seem to struggle in as where they go in the command line parameters. Heres my current:

-servermod=@ExileServer;@Namalsk
-mod=@Exile;@Namalsk;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core-1.1.0;@CUP_Terrains_Maps-1.1.0;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles

Now how do I determine which goes where for future reference? Ive heard some need to go in order so they are loaded first.

Here is the interesting part:

067e7f333f904262adb639f92acec29c.png

As you can see, this is what the expansions look like when filtering my server using DIRECT CONNECT

Obviously Vehicles, Weapons and Units is missing.

However, when I hit Recent Server and click the server, this is displayed:

fbc895e506f9489cba6968e898364616.png

Now I will say, I can connect and play even though CBA is red. However, nothing from CUP spawns in, Weapons, Uniforms, Vehicles ect.

I am really stumped, I believe it is merely an issue with the command line params.

Thanks,

z3sp.

4 answers to this question

CUP Terrains Core and Maps is not required for Namalsk.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the red and green dots. They don't seem to properly list what is loaded. Did you add any CUP weapons, units or vehicles to the loot tables/vehicle spawn list?

37 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

CUP Terrains Core and Maps is not required for Namalsk.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the red and green dots. They don't seem to properly list what is loaded. Did you add any CUP weapons, units or vehicles to the loot tables/vehicle spawn list?

So I can remove them from the commandlines then?

And no, I did not realise any further action was required as I did not realise I had to edit the loottables. I don't know how to edit them either.

Advertisement
21 minutes ago, z3sp said:

So I can remove them from the commandlines then?

And no, I did not realise any further action was required as I did not realise I had to edit the loottables. I don't know how to edit them either.

Yes, you can remove CUP Terrains Core and Maps from your command line. Search the forums for information on how to add CUP items to the loot tables and traders. There's even some topics where people have added those items already.

The next version of Exile will contain several new vehicles and items that are already in CUP, so you might even want to reconsider adding those items to the mod. I personally like to make it simple and run as few mods as possible.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Yes, you can remove CUP Terrains Core and Maps from your command line. Search the forums for information on how to add CUP items to the loot tables and traders. There's even some topics where people have added those items already.

The next version of Exile will contain several new vehicles and items that are already in CUP, so you might even want to reconsider adding those items to the mod. I personally like to make it simple and run as few mods as possible.

Thank you for your help. :)

Advertisement