Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R. Whitlow

Drones

12 posts in this topic

Hello! I am a admin on a server and we are looking into trying to add drones (Ex. MQ-4A Greyhawk) so players can use them, however we don't know how to enable the use of these wonderful things. Does anyone know how to enable the use of them?

On 6/11/2016 at 9:51 PM, R. Whitlow said:

Hello! I am a admin on a server and we are looking into trying to add drones (Ex. MQ-4A Greyhawk) so players can use them, however we don't know how to enable the use of these wonderful things. Does anyone know how to enable the use of them?

Which ones and from what mod?

Advertisement
11 hours ago, Timmay said:

Which ones and from what mod?

I mean just the default Arma drones

45 minutes ago, R. Whitlow said:

I mean just the default Arma drones

It has to do with our factions I think. We added all the UAV and UGVs that have a class name that starts with an I. Also, I think spawning them in breaks them so we added them to the traders and when purchased I think it adds an invisible AI to the vehicle when it calls the create vehicle sqf which then allows you to connect to it with your UAV Terminal [AAF].

5 minutes ago, Timmay said:

It has to do with our factions I think. We added all the UAV and UGVs that have a class name that starts with an I. Also, I think spawning them in breaks them so we added them to the traders and when purchased I think it adds an invisible AI to the vehicle when it calls the create vehicle sqf which then allows you to connect to it with your UAV Terminal [AAF].

We tried that too but for some reason it still doesn't work ill give it another try here in a bit and let you  know.

8 minutes ago, R. Whitlow said:

We tried that too but for some reason it still doesn't work ill give it another try here in a bit and let you  know.

It works for us but we removed them and just left the unarmed stomper. Are you running infiSTAR because if so, you can turn on AI ESP and see if the vehicle being spawned shows up as AI, then you know it worked, well at least it should. You never know with Arma.

It works for us but we removed them and just left the unarmed stomper. Are you running infiSTAR because if so, you can turn on AI ESP and see if the vehicle being spawned shows up as AI, then you know it worked, well at least it should. You never know with Arma.

Yes we are and ok so it HAS to show up as a AI?

24 minutes ago, R. Whitlow said:

Yes we are and ok so it HAS to show up as a AI?

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure. It's part of Arma's mechanics. At least on my end the only ones that work show up as AI.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure. It's part of Arma's mechanics. At least on my end the only ones that work show up as AI.

ok ill give it a try now and let you know

18 hours ago, Timmay said:

Ok I even bought one and it still doesn't show up as a AI idk how to make it do that either

Advertisement