Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fidycent

Trouble entering vehicles.

Question

Ever since i upgraded to 9.6 me and my friend (private server) both have been having problems entering vehicles, sometimes the option is still there, but when you press it, it does the animation, but doesnt actually get in, just boots you straight out, so you have to go from the otherside, ride in back, and then go to the driver seat..

And the other way this happens is when the option just directly dissapears..

Whenever you cant enter as a driver, flipping the vehicle a few times lets you in.

Relogging fixes the issue, and then again after like 20 minutes you have the same issue.

Its odd because i have hosted multiple servers like these and never had issues like this..

Any help appreciated.

8 answers to this question

@Fidycent What mods are you running?

I had this issue and ended up moving so many pieces around I never actually figured out what exactly it was that caused it but we had this issue for a while. You would go to a car and try to get in and then your character would stand up straight and just sit there. Sometimes you would get in, sometimes not without a re-log or (with infiSTAR) deleting the vehicle would sometimes pop the character out of being stuck. Sometimes when you got to a car and flipped it the vehicle would just go up and stay floating. I made some changes to infiSTAR and updated a few of the mods and the problem went away but as I said I never actually narrowed it down.

7 minutes ago, Timmay said:

@Fidycent What mods are you running?

I had this issue and ended up moving so many pieces around I never actually figured out what exactly it was that caused it but we had this issue for a while. You would go to a car and try to get in and then your character would stand up straight and just sit there. Sometimes you would get in, sometimes not without a re-log or (with infiSTAR) deleting the vehicle would sometimes pop the character out of being stuck. Sometimes when you got to a car and flipped it the vehicle would just go up and stay floating. I made some changes to infiSTAR and updated a few of the mods and the problem went away but as I said I never actually narrowed it down.

I recently installed CUP Weapons, but even before, when running Just exile and namalsk i had these issues.

Advertisement

@Timmay Oh, serverside mods aswell, uhh, DMS, Occupation and ExileZ, but since i host it private-ly theres not much need for any infistar or such.

@Fidycent Then that is what you and I have in common. Are you running the latest versions (stable builds) of DMS and Occupation (I run these as well)? Can you recall a moment where you maybe updated one of those and this issue began? At least for me the problem was somewhat intermittent. It could start right after a restart or sometimes a few hours into it.

@Timmay I had been inactive in arma for a bit, so when i came back .9.6.1 was out and i just installed namalsk and those AIs, not really upgrading, just adding them. The only change in the config atm is the ability to claim the AI vehicles

@Fidycent

I would update them to the latest builds.

DMS:

See if that helps. As for the claiming vehicle I set all the AI vehicle from the above missions frameworks to be unlocked and not linked to AI in anyway (as in kill all the AI before a player can enter them). I also allow players to get in and sell the mission AI armed offroaders so I set those to not lock when they all called to be created. Hope updating helps you out bud, I remember it being a pain in the rear issue.

Advertisement