Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThouShallNotHeal

How to adjust item spawns?

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this and I'm wondering how I can adjust my item spawns, I want it to be a serious hard mode so it actually takes a while to gear up and also for example for ammo to not necessarily spawn with guns. Any help would be MUCH appreciated, thank you!

Your best bet would be to reduce the amount of items that can spawn at all if you want to rely on your traders to control your economy (as in raise the prices).

Go here and download the loot table compiler. Follow the instructions carefully and as you go through the list you can just remove items you don't want to spawn or make them rare. Compile a few times, see what the output is and if that looks good put it in your exile_server_config.pbo and try it out.

http://www.exilemod.com/downloads/

1 person likes this

Advertisement
On 14/06/2016 at 10:29 PM, Timmay said:

Your best bet would be to reduce the amount of items that can spawn at all if you want to rely on your traders to control your economy (as in raise the prices).

Go here and download the loot table compiler. Follow the instructions carefully and as you go through the list you can just remove items you don't want to spawn or make them rare. Compile a few times, see what the output is and if that looks good put it in your exile_server_config.pbo and try it out.

http://www.exilemod.com/downloads/

Thanks for the info! Where would I put the compiler, and where can I find the instructions?

6 minutes ago, ThouShallNotHeal said:

Thanks for the info! Where would I put the compiler, and where can I find the instructions?

You just unzip the contents to a folder called whatever you want. Fill in the LootItemGroups.h and LootTables.h. Once you carefully fill those out and adjust the levels, sort the folder by type so you can select both the files and just drag them into the compile.bat. It will then output a CfgLootTables.hpp You take that information and replace it in your exile_server_config.

I think I understand now, could you help me understand spawn chances? I see numbers like 10,20,30 but how do I figure out what % that equates to?

6 minutes ago, ThouShallNotHeal said:

I think I understand now, could you help me understand spawn chances? I see numbers like 10,20,30 but how do I figure out what % that equates to?

<Spawn Chance>,<Item>

10, Banana
    20, Tomato
    30, Cherry

Sum of chances:
    10 + 20 + 30 = 60 = 100%

Spawn chances:
    Banana    10 : 60 = 10 * 100 / 60 = 16.67%
    Tomato    20 : 60 = 20 * 100 / 60 = 33.33%
    Cherry    30 : 60 = 30 * 100 / 60 = 50%

In words:
    If Exile should spawn an item of the above group, it has a 33.33%
    chance to spawn a Tomato.

7 minutes ago, Timmay said:

<Spawn Chance>,<Item>

10, Banana
    20, Tomato
    30, Cherry

Sum of chances:
    10 + 20 + 30 = 60 = 100%

Spawn chances:
    Banana    10 : 60 = 10 * 100 / 60 = 16.67%
    Tomato    20 : 60 = 20 * 100 / 60 = 33.33%
    Cherry    30 : 60 = 30 * 100 / 60 = 50%

In words:
    If Exile should spawn an item of the above group, it has a 33.33%
    chance to spawn a Tomato.

Sorry, I misworded what I meant, I read that but for example if I wanted something to have a 1% drop rate, what number would I put?

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, ThouShallNotHeal said:

Sorry, I misworded what I meant, I read that but for example if I wanted something to have a 1% drop rate, what number would I put?

If you read the above you would understand. It also depends on all the numbers listed and the amount of possible spawn areas. If you aren't very sharp with math, just play with the numbers or get the totals to equal out to what you want. In some cases you can create even number totals like 10, 50 or 100 and at that point the percentages of drops will be easier to visualize, short of the frequency. The output file will show you percentages by they way.

Edited by Timmay

Thank you, What program do you recommend I open the output file with? I tried it with notepad but it's very jumbled.

Advertisement