KhanOnYoutube

Bad admins, how do we deal with them?

7 posts in this topic

I at one point had to deal with a few bad admin on an exile server spawning things in for their friends and also supply such people and those who play with them with information they should not have e.g ghosting while in admin mode with esp on. Is there any way to report such persons or is it best to look for a new server? I have heard from an admin on a server I once played that they could get the admin position pulled by Infistar for doing such wrong deeds. I see it as cheating, is there any actions that can be done to combat this issue?

Unfortunately i think its just the case of finding a different server. In the end the server will die as nobody will want to play on it with admin who abuse there admin tools. I may be wrong but i don't think infistar can stop them from doing it as end of the day they pay for the server and paid for infistar so its up to them how they use it.

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

It's their server, they can do what they want. They are allowing YOU onto THEIR server. 

The only time they can't do what they want is if it conflicts with BI's terms and conditions, specifically monetisation. If the admins are taking money in exchange for in-game rewards then this is not allowed. 

If they continue to play that way however, their server will die out as no one will want to play against people with that kind of advantage. 

I would suggest having a look here: www.exilemod.com/servers

Edited by Mr Sin

Best thing you can do is record incidents, throw it on Youtube and make some nice advertisement around it (y). That's one thing i always kept in the back of my mind in my days as a server admin for a community. You're a repersentative 1st - Admin second. But sadly as stated before, you can't do much about it. The server is hired, they person who hires it can do what ever he wants to do with it. If he wanna waste money on a server which is used for fuckery. Wel he plays himself. 

Any self respected community owner is gonna sanction such admins and publicly announce it on their forums + state that players are more then welcome to report misbehaviour from admins with evidence ofcourse at any given time. But then again this doesn't happen most of the time cuz admins are usually friends. And they don't wanna insult them so they gonna let them slip with toxic behaviour....even tho' they are screwing your community up.

Just look for another server, from my expierience i can tell you this. Communities that are very formal and guidelined will give you more of a stable location toplay for long periods of time. Communities with lame names, who are very informal with their communication and have a teamspeak that doesn't have waiting rooms to que and just pull you into a room that's called ''Yolo swag LMG 420 Houze'' and have an admin talk to you like. What do you want?.

Yeaaahhh....No, not realy. Bye lol. That's not a place to expect maturity/professionalism.

As an owner of few servers over years not just exile I stick to a rule same with any mods that are active you can have fun when server is low pop (just admins) but not to interfere with other players experience. It's worked well for us since A2 was out sadly you do get them few admins that will abuse it. I myself seen my mod on twitch abusing powers the live server ban went down well as he was just boosting he owned server and all.

If you feel like admin is been bad report to high admin of that server always record or screenshot messages/events that helps server owners alot, If that fails find a new server it's all you can do.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, JackFrost said:

As an owner of few servers over years not just exile I stick to a rule same with any mods that are active you can have fun when server is low pop (just admins) but not to interfere with other players experience. It's worked well for us since A2 was out sadly you do get them few admins that will abuse it. I myself seen my mod on twitch abusing powers the live server ban went down well as he was just boosting he owned server and all.

If you feel like admin is been bad report to high admin of that server always record or screenshot messages/events that helps server owners alot, If that fails find a new server it's all you can do.

I agree and think most veteran owners follow the same guidelines, recording and posting on youtube is a great way to prove your case and warn others. As for my servers all admins including myself have to turn it on which broadcasts a message letting all players know blank has logged in as admin. I also log everything related to infistar and always look at the logs to see who is doing what and if I have a question I simply ask them about it.

Just move on to the next server and leave them a negative review on the server page with some kind of proof preferably video

Advertisement