Mr Sin

This is GTX customer service

33 posts in this topic

I feel like I need to share my experience with GTX as it has been painful to say the least. We had an issue arise with a faulty CPU fan. This is the conversation that took place (still ongoing)

Spoiler

12/06/2016 21:18
Mr Sin
Client
Our CPU Temp on the E5-Sat box is sitting at 90 degrees C and the usage is only sat at around 20-30%.

12/06/2016 21:22
Robert Pearson
Staff
Have you been noticing any difference in speed at all? has it been slowing down for you at all that program your using could possibly be reporting incorrect information. Dont worry about the cooling through data center protect their servers well and will replace if anything is wrong.

12/06/2016 21:30
Mr Sin
Client
Well. I know what the problem is. None of the fans are working. They are all showing 0 RPM on Speedfan.

12/06/2016 21:34
Robert Pearson
Staff
If none of the fans were working the machine would not be working at all dont worry that program is false reporting, the data center monitors all machines and would fix it if something is wrong.

12/06/2016 21:41
Mr Sin
Client
It's been very slow when we have been connected to it recently. We checked with multiple software and they all showed the CPU at above 89 Degrees.

12/06/2016 21:43
Robert Pearson
Staff
I will open a ticket with the data center and they will investigate this.

13/06/2016 08:15
Mr Sin
Client
https://gyazo.com/7bf7b2e55863e3ad34aa65929706593f

13/06/2016 11:22
Steven Wood
Staff
The data centre are investigating this for you

13/06/2016 14:52
Steven Wood
Staff
Issue has been resolved for you. The cooler was found to be faulty and has been replaced for you

13/06/2016 18:54
Mr Sin
Client
Thanks. Was there any damage caused to the CPU considering this issue could have been going on for weeks?
Considering it was running at 89 when the cpu was practically idle that's worrying, as we had two arma servers running 24/7 which, as you know, are very cpu reliant.

13/06/2016 18:56
Steven Wood
Staff
No there was no damage at all

13/06/2016 20:09
Mr Sin
Client
Still showing abnormal readings.. https://gyazo.com/bd32a9a73932c1a35e9c660cf8c6849b

13/06/2016 20:26
Steven Wood
Staff
We have contacted the data centre back again to look into it again for you

14/06/2016 12:30
Mr Sin
Client
Any news? The server has effectively been down for 2 days..

14/06/2016 12:33
Robert Pearson
Staff
The data center said they did replace the cooler I opened another ticket with them saying the temp is still high still waiting on reply from them.

14/06/2016 14:31
Mr Sin
Client
They may well have replaced the cooler, but it's still faulty.

They also haven't even checked it yet. It's still sat there with the same 3 programs open.

14/06/2016 14:32
Robert Pearson
Staff
I am awaiting there response will get back to you soon as I know more,

14/06/2016 21:48
Robert Pearson
Staff
They say they did replace the cooler please try a one or 2 servers on there and let me know how it goes.

14/06/2016 21:57
Mr Sin
Client
Are you serious? We literally can't. The box is so god damn slow because of this fault that you or the data centre are refusing to address.

How do I go about getting a refund for this? The server has been down for 2 days and you come back to me with an answer like this? Disgraceful. I want this refunded and this box canceled.

14/06/2016 21:58
Robert Pearson
Staff
I have sent another ticket to them to look into this I am awaiting their reply they are a big data center so it can take some time for them to reply I will reply back when I know more,

14/06/2016 22:03
Robert Pearson
Staff
I am calling their after hours support line now to see If I can get some more information from them now,

14/06/2016 22:06
Robert Pearson
Staff
They have esculated the ticket for me and I will be hearing back from them within the hour,

14/06/2016 22:07
Mr Sin
Client
I'm done waiting, I want this refunded and cancelled.

14/06/2016 22:08
Robert Pearson
Staff
I will get extra billing time added onto your account dont worry very sorry this has been happening if they cant fix it in the next hour I will request we get a new machine to replace this one,

14/06/2016 22:09
Mr Sin
Client
I'm done waiting, I want this refunded and cancelled.

14/06/2016 22:11
Mr Sin
Client
I don't care about billing. I want a server to be running. We are losing players because of this. The fact that you are ringing an after hours number suggests they did fuck all during the day.

14/06/2016 22:12
Robert Pearson
Staff
I have just requested to them if they cant fix the machine I will get them to replace the whole machine for you and add the last 6 days again to your account as compensation. If you can please give me some more time I will get this sorted.

14/06/2016 22:14
Mr Sin
Client
You don't seem to be reading anything I am saying. I have requested a cancellation for this service. // This is the point where I actually went into the "My Services" tab and requested immediate cancellation.

14/06/2016 22:17
Robert Pearson
Staff
If you wish to cancel I can add credit onto your other dedi machine so you can use that towards your next month if you would like.

14/06/2016 22:32
Mr Sin
Client
No thanks.

14/06/2016 22:36
Robert Pearson
Staff
Your other machine has had no issues correct? so I can add credit to that one so you can use to pay for that machine for next month.

14/06/2016 22:44
Mr Sin
Client
No issues on the other machine, but we plan to move once it's run till the end of the month.

14/06/2016 22:46
Robert Pearson
Staff
I am very sorry this has happened we have been trying to get through to the data center and they can be slow sometimes as they have massive client base, If you were to give us another chance I would be willing to order you a brand new machine to try. There must of still been a nother fault in that machine but I am sure If I order a brand new one for you it will run perfect just like your other machine.

14/06/2016 22:59
Mr Sin
Client
I'm sure a brand new one would run perfectly, but we would prefer reliability. (also looking for better anti-ddos protection)

14/06/2016 23:03
Robert Pearson
Staff
We do have very good ddos protection and as you have said your other machine is running perfect I am sure If I ordered a brand new one for you it will run just as good as your old machine, as you know sometimes there can be faulty parts espeically when a place orders in bulk and unfortunately you must have got a faulty cooler, or cpu.

15/06/2016 19:13
Mr Sin
Client
The fact that you keep arguing with your customers makes me want to leave even more. Do what I have asked you and cancel this order, please.

15/06/2016 19:14
Robert Pearson
Staff
The cancellation is in and the order will be cancelling.

16/06/2016 14:19
Mr Sin
Client
How long does it take to cancel this? Surely the longer it takes you to cancel it, the less you are going to compensate me for the loss of service.

16/06/2016 14:23
Robert Pearson
Staff
The cancellation will go through dont worry, dedis always will remain online until the end of the month it has been paid for unfortunately no refunds will be possible on dedicated servers.

16/06/2016 14:32
Mr Sin
Client
I requested immediate cancellation. You're telling me after all of this that you aren't going to compensate me at all for the time the server has spent offline and the inconvenience you have caused me and the community I run?

16/06/2016 14:34
Robert Pearson
Staff
It will cancel dont worry it wont charge you anymore make sure to sign into your paypal and cancel any subscriptions I will pass you over to our management team about compensation and they will get back to you.

16/06/2016 22:07
Robert Pearson
Staff
Our manager is currently away on business trip he will get back to you soon as he can.

To be fair it sounds like the data centre were the ones at fault. GTX will just rent hardware from them.

Advertisement
13 minutes ago, second_coming said:

To be fair it sounds like the data centre were the ones at fault. GTX will just rent hardware from them.

Yeah, I get that. The entire process they felt.. helpless? I don't know if that's the right word to use, it just felt like they had no control over the situation. As a customer, you want the host to be professional and confident in the answers they give you.  

That's the problem with them not owning the hardware, they are pretty much at the mercy of the data centre. You'll be better off finding a host who actually owns the hardware and has their own support guys. I'm guessing that will cost a fair bit more though.

The old adage of you get what you pay for unfortunately is very true in this case.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, second_coming said:

The old adage of you get what you pay for unfortunately is very true in this case.

Bingo. GTX were the cheapest and we decided to go with them because of that. Lesson learned.

Although my situation was different the Customer Service Experience was the same. I had to go through PayPal to get my money back, which I did. My situation happened within the first week of signing up for them. I ended up going with NFOServers and they have been Awesome. I got a VDS which I have been running for almost a year.

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, S.M. Fletcher said:

Although my situation was different the Customer Service Experience was the same. I had to go through PayPal to get my money back, which I did. My situation happened within the first week of signing up for them. I ended up going with NFOServers and they have been Awesome. I got a VDS which I have been running for almost a year.

Their "management team" just came back to me with this.

Spoiler

Matt Griffin
Staff

Hi, whats the issue, this is Matt, looks like your server was down for three days, i can give you £20 partial refund back as compensation, and you can continue to use the box>

They just have 0 idea and they still think I'm staying as a customer.

Edit: What's the paypal process like? I looked into it and saw that I was able to and was going to give GTX a chance to give me a fair offer. It doesn't look like they will and that this might be my last resort.

Edited by Mr Sin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, GamersRoost said:

whats the IP of the server Sin ?

I will pm you

Edited by Mr Sin

The gaming server middlemen are the cause of this.

There is not one datacenter out there that would take even hours to fix a fan. I have purchased the domain name VilayerSucks.com for a reason.

after 7 days of emails and BEGGING for them to turn the fucking box on again, i tossed a fit and decided i will never again host with a provider.

GTX was our host before VILAYER and before i moved to our own dedi hosted by the same people that host VILAYER.

I simply did an NSLOOKUP on the IP's, contacted the actual datacenter sales team and moved from VILAYER to the same exact host.

Email SLA is 15 minutes and TTR (time to resolve) level 1 issues is 1 hour. It's also almost half the cost since i do business with the datacenter specifically and not a third party.

Advertisement